Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dark Souls T-shirt CMass Gift In Progress

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
Hey guys, had to set aside a bunch of projects to get a couple of christmas gifts going. One is already done, but I'm working on a Dark Souls t-shirt, front and back, for a friend. I could use some advice on the hand. I'm still feeling out the rough shapes of it, but the intention is to have a severed undead claw grasping for a Soul of Lords above it. The palm will have a dark sign cored into it with a humanity counter reading at zero. To be honest I'm kind of shit at fine the fine details of anatomy, and all of that comes to bear when you're doing withered corpses.

6Pbg1O4.jpg

Any suggestions for the anatomy, would be appreciated. I was without internet access when I started and I'm sure the look and shapes are just awful. I'd also like to punch up the dynamism of the pose, but I don't have a lot of time to get this done so I'm hoping someone will have some pointers to give me a let up.

For the front of the shirt I've got a bonfire for the front pocket. The lineart is done and I'm experimenting with how to present the flame itself.

MVMQYeP.jpgcf41raj.jpg

Replies

• SmilingMountain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SmilingMountain polycounter lvl 7
    Cool present! One thing that's bugging me is the arm bones sticking out of the severed hand as they probably wouldn't stick out like that if the arm had been cut off. It looks kind of cartoony, not sure if that's what your going for though. The anatomy of the palm also doesn't look quite right to me but I don't really have the anatomy knowledge to know if it's correct or not. Bonfire looks good, maybe you could make the lineart a cool colour to contrast the flames, depends on the base colour of the shirt though.
  • Stinkhorse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
    Went back to school on my hand anatomy. Really probably should have paid more attention in the anatomy class instead of wanking off with cartoon characters. Oh well, better late than never.

Gz7dHYt.jpg
  • Hofsta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool ideas, I especially like the bonfire one. That sword has such a cool shape to it.

The actual flame sits a bit awkwardly on the base though, maybe knocking out some shapes to make it appear as though there are some elements sitting closer might help?

As for the hand, the anatomy is looking better although I think the pointer finger could be a tad less rigid if that makes any sense. How are you planning on ending the wrist on the shirt?

Keep it up, these will make rad gifts!