Home Adobe Substance

Image switch

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
jfitch polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys,

I'm working on a system for modular textures that would be sort of a closed system...the substance would have several different overlays or pieces of the texture, with the user able to swap between different images in engine. For instance, a face might have different eyebrow overlays, each one a separate texture.

What I'm trying to do is figure out a way to expose to the user essentially a dropdown of available images or something like that.

I'm trying it out on a small scale for now, creating a substance that only does the image swapping. Right now I'm looking at doing something with copy nodes and opacity but pretty sure thats not the best way to do it...

Any ideas?

Replies

• oblomov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oblomov polycounter lvl 8
    Indeed, it would be more efficient to use the "switch" mode of the blend node to choose either input, instead of using the "copy" mode and zero/full opacity. If you need to choose between more than two inputs, you can use the "multi switch" nodes from the library.
  • jfitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfitch polycounter lvl 5
    Found the multi-switch node...my problems are solved!

Ah, thank you oblomov. Would've found that sooner if I refreshed the page :)