Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Animation

[Riot Art Contest] - Melissa Marmol

Hello fellow artist! :)

I came across this contest and I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to work on some shots for my reel! I am going for a really beafy guy who has that "Draven" swag; as in, he thinks he is amazing. For the ult/signature move, I plan on having him work with portals. The idea is to have him teleport someone close to him. Sort of like Thresh's hook or Blitz's grab, but he will use his beafyness! (obviously I still need to work out the details, but hey, this is WIP) Here is the rig I plan on using:

GBB1cn0.png

Replies

• Aquanasia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Guys!

MEET BORIS!

Just wanted to share my WIP of the animations so far. I am still trying to figure out what I want exactly to happen during his "big" move, so any suggestions would be great! Also, if I have enough time, I would like to design my own hammer and textures for Boris, but for right now, I just want to focus on the animation. Thanks guys!

Here is my walk cycle so far!

GSDUt9K.gif

jAXmWMU.gif

3i3pyqa.gif

tqSyhtw.gif

3mIIbBf.gif

Here is my ult or big move. I really like th eidea of having him throw the hammer somehow. Hmmmmm, still got a bit more thinking to do here.

VWpkUzO.gif

YAZUELX.gif

OkJzj9w.gif
  • Aquanasia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More WIP! Worked a bit more on my ult move. I think I have the basic extreme poses down so far. Plan on adding more poses and breakdowns soon! What do you guys think so far?

vlyC5K8.gif

q9rE7ld.gif

r9KBa8z.gif

eNA8ak9.gif
  • Aquanasia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys!

Work is getting in the way a bit, but I am trying my best to get this done in time! Most work today was focus on the arm and the throw of the arm. Actually thinking of the physics of such a big guy throwing a heavy hammer proved to be complicated. I did not want him to jump SOOO far out to cross the map, nor did I want him to "lob" the hammer. A throw just looked SO MUCH COOLER! Came up with this solution for the moment.

cqZapa8.gif
  • Aquanasia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ANOTHER UPDATE!
    More focus on his movement. Boris is proving to be difficult when it comes to balancing out his gigantic muscles! Will continue to work on this tomorrow. Time to sleep and the work in the morning! Night Polycount!

l3N5YLS.gif
    9Eo8Cfv.gif
    ZFZZ4j8.gif
  • Aquanasia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can't believe the deadline is TOMORROW! *feeling nervous*

I really wish I would have found this contest sooner, or that I didn't procrastinate/work so much when I first found out. Still, I think this is coming along nicely! I will update finals (or close to) tomorrow. ^_^

SpCXUpP.gif
    GIIJwV2.gif
    boe5aep.gif
    uzKMC2w.gif
  • Aquanasia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PHEW!

This week has been crazy for me! Work and working after work is killer! But I am so happy that I decided to enter this. Having a deadline really motivated me to work as hard/fast as I could. I wanted to update my finals (for now), just in case anyone was interested. It's been awesome! Thanks polycount and good luck to everyone!

c1jBlJG.gif
    G8vqPHJ.gif
    J8OxCwR.gif
    irso93k.gif
    BsK4dDg.gif
  • charlestinney
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    charlestinney polycounter lvl 6
    grabbing and reattaching the weapon is something i think can be a tedious thing to accomplish in 3d animation and you handled it well. nice work and good luck!
  • Aquanasia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Charles! It definitely was >_<. Spent a lot (too much) time just trying to figure out the best way to handle the constraints.
  • csjirt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    csjirt polycounter lvl 9
    May be feeling a sense of the weight of the hammer a little bit of light, attack animation update each step is very good, good job.
  • Aquanasia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks csjirt! I can see what you mean. I guess I was trying to make him feel like this heavy object, for him, was no big deal, seeing as he looks so strong. I can definitely see where you are coming from though. I will have to make the weight seem more believable. Thanks again! =)