Home General Discussion

Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
I must have missed the thread. I can't believe we would all overlook such a beautifully stylized game for just another AAA thread.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_d6sBWQoWY"]Never Alone (Gameplay) - YouTube[/ame]

mqdefault.jpg

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Muhaha. My thinly veiled passive aggressive message is uncovered.!

But seriously, its a good game.. Does get hard at parts too quickly but they are already patching it to make it more linear.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    It's been on my wishlist since I first saw it added to Steam, the atmosphere is really incredible and the story seems very interesting too. I was going to wait until the winter sale to pick it up since I already picked up a bunch of games that I need to finish first!
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Gave it a try at IndieCade.

The art is definitely there. I like it a lot.

Talking with the Native American reps with the game, as it's been said before, they're using the game as another possible way to bring revenue in for their tribal nation/community/government. Hopefully it works out for them, that'd be kind of nice :)

Besides that, the gameplay didn't do anything particularly exciting. Solid mechanics, just nothing that blew my mind, nothing like Close Castles (though I have slight bias for that). Sort of like Trine.

That being said, from what I read and hear from reviews, the story and art are strong enough that it carries the game to awesomeness.

For me, I think I'll keep it in mind. Hopefully it goes on sale for dirt cheap on HUmbleBundle or something similar.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    This is on my wish-list. As soon as I get time, I will buy it. Looks great!
  • Kevin Albers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Albers polycounter lvl 18
    What a cool promo video! I like the art style, and also the general idea (at least what I could tell about it).
  • Kraftwerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraftwerk polycounter lvl 18
    Totally on my Steam wishlist, i like the style and really enjoy native myths of all kinds.
  • Zocky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zocky greentooth
    Played a bit of it, and while gameplay isn't anything that special, it's not bad at all either. But ambient and everything else is just freakin awesome, really lovin' it so far...