Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Karma

Replies

• bloecher
  • bloecher
    update, i'm done with the low poly fiora, so worked a bit on this illu again
    lolcontest2014_illu_karma_wip_004_by_bloecher-d88btyx.jpg
  • Haco
    Damn! You've been giving me great crits, and I didn't even take the effort to see if you participated. Sorry for being such a deuce :)
    Anyways... I'd like to tell you my opinion on this image. First of all; great colors, I really like her face, since it actually has personality. Not a common thing in stylized art these days. She looks awesome on the purple background, but the green area really feels left out. And I don't think you even need it here. I'd crop the image more, so the purple would be the main BG color, still with a hint of the green.
    I don't think her legs need to be showing, just hide them with the skirt, It would give her more mystique look.
    I'd just flatten the stomach, you know, lose the abs (check out some stomach references). And give the lower body more shadow anyway. Below the breasts.
    The forearms on both arms are a little bit too short/small.

But awesome job so far! I can't get my eyes off that face/hair/crown/purple-area. Keep your focus on that!
    If you're gonna render the face more, try to keep the personality :)

Look at some lower body references, the area below her chest is a bit weird.

Hope this helps. These are just my opinions, and I'm sure you have ideas where to go with the image :)
  • bloecher
    hey, thanks a lot, very useful critic!! great idea with the skirt, and now that you mention the arms, it feels a bit weird for me too :D
    about the image ratio, my idea here was to have on the one hand the typical landscape format like the lol skins are and on the other hand it should be a story element with some kind of shrine (of ionia).
    i already worked on the pic again, but will just finish my character entry the next days and then push here further :D
  • bloecher