Home General Discussion

The Peanuts Movie trailer.

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
katana polycounter lvl 14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XmV3zGifOE#t=106

I think the designs are good, but I don't know about translating it into 3D.

Replies

• LRoy
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    That's pretty cool. I dig the way they handled it.
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    It's pretty close, so I say give it a pass for style because that looks pretty cool actually (there is only so much you can do when you're CG), but I'm not a fan of the pop-song they went almost immediately into and the XMas setup, it just smells very fodder like, something you see on a Sunday evening after 6 months on your free cable channel.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I think this will be a great way to introduce my 3 and a half year old (well, she will be at the time) to Peanuts :D
  • StephenVyas
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    I dig the style
    They could have easily over animated it, but they kept it nice and neat. Almost reminds me abit of Wallace and Grommit
  • Deathstick
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    ^^almost has a stop-motion quality to the rendering of the objects, which is pretty cool.

I'm especially digging the little touches like how sometimes both of the eyes of snoopy are on one side of the face. Interesting how they're still keeping a lot of the angles of the characters to the ones drawn in the old cartoons, which helps flatten it out a bit to the original style.
  • jStins
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    Deathstick wrote: »
    ^^almost has a stop-motion quality to the rendering of the objects, which is pretty cool.

I'm especially digging the little touches like how sometimes both of the eyes of snoopy are on one side of the face. Interesting how they're still keeping a lot of the angles of the characters to the ones drawn in the old cartoons, which helps flatten it out a bit to the original style.

I wonder if the geometry is swapping to maintain those shapes to the camera. Maybe that's adding to the stopmotion feel as well.
  • ErichWK
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    I was expecting this to be a big gaping butthole of awful.

But this is actually pretty cool!