Home General Discussion

Big Hero 6

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
notman polycounter lvl 18
Hmm, I thought there was a thread on this, but searching found nothing.

Anyway, who anyone else went to see it? I thought it was another win for Pixar. Visually amazing, and great story. My family loved it too.

Make sure to stay after the credits

The 'feast' short was cool too.

Replies

• arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    i thought it was great, but it wasn't pixar, that was a disney film.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    so jealous that it's out in the states already. you have no idea >_<
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Hehe... saw this on their first screening for work and i thought the movie was awesome. Baymax is the best. Still have to see their finalized version, but i thought it was a good movie. Not what i expected from how they marketed it or we were introduced to it.

Glad its been doing well. Means the game will do alright, just like Frozen.
  • Mstankow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    It was good but felt like half the movie was missing. Also, the movie forgot to develop most of the characters. Instead we got some kid and his support group. Also, the foreshadowing could have used some work. Some twists were clearly visible a mile away.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I saw it this weekend. Had a lot of fun.
    Make sure to stay after the credits
    Dangit...didn't do that.

Also..that short at the beginning was so rad!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon wrote: »
    i thought it was great, but it wasn't pixar, that was a disney film.

Oh, yep, my bad. I saw John Lasseter in the credits, and thought it was Pixar.
    Mstankow wrote:
    It was good but felt like half the movie was missing. Also, the movie forgot to develop most of the characters. Instead we got some kid and his support group. Also, the foreshadowing could have used some work. Some twists were clearly visible a mile away.

To each their own, but I personally felt that it had all the character development that was necessary. The personalities were pretty clear, and they weren't big enough characters to justify backstories. Their motive was clear too.

I did think the 'twists' were fairly predictable too, but I was already loving the characters, and the movie, to care that the plot twist was a little obvious. You have to remember, they are targeting kids too, so things can't get too deep, or kids will get bored, and hate it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gsokol wrote: »
    I saw it this weekend. Had a lot of fun.

Dangit...didn't do that.

Also..that short at the beginning was so rad!

A poor quality version, of the after creds, is available on youtube, if you want to see it.
  • Mstankow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    Just remember. Kids love Jurassic Park (I know it is not a kid's movie) and that movie has a lot of stuff thrown in that fly's over kids heads. You don't need to dumb down movies for kids.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    I saw it last night and loved it (and dammit, left before the credits had finished, but saw what happens this morning online and it is indeed awesome). If you liked the Incredibles you'll love it. I thought the characters were developed just fine, like said above, they didn't need to get too deep into it. There are also some truly breathtaking shots. I didn't see it in 3d, and tend to avoid seeing films that way, but might've been worth it to see the scene where Baymax flys the first time (that's not a spoiler, you've seen it in the trailers).
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow wrote: »
    Just remember. Kids love Jurassic Park (I know it is not a kid's movie) and that movie has a lot of stuff thrown in that fly's over kids heads. You don't need to dumb down movies for kids.

Yeah, but I wouldn't say that Jurrasic Park has very much character development either, for all the supporting cast.

I know what you're saying, but the theater I was in, had kids confused by
    the death of Hiro's brother
    . I actually heard a kid, at the back of the theater, asking about it.

Again, you're welcome to your own opinion, and no need to defend it. Just adding my 2 cents, of how I felt.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    If you've read the Jurassic Park novel, then you'll know that they dumbed the movie down a ton. I'm talking from A+ down to D-. And that wasn't just for production reasons.
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    I saw it, thought it was great. I took my 5 yr old daughter and seeing it through her eyes was an experience in itself.
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Im so hyped over this thing! To bad its gonna take some time before it comes to Sweden :(