Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: License Problems

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
We've been having issues since upgrading to 1.6 with people who had entered their keys (before the beta was extended. If we try to run nDo or dDo it looks and we have to force close the program. 3DO gets about halfway through launching and it just hangs, forcing us to close it as well. If we roll back to v1.4 it seems to work again. Uninstalling and reinstalling has no effect. Is there some issue with the registry or something that Quixel leaves behind that could be messing with these peoples user accounts?

For the people who did not put their license data in, the upgrade to 1.6 seems to work fine but half of our artists are in limbo. This is becoming extremely frustrating. =/

Replies

• Vipera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vipera polycounter lvl 2
    I am having the same situation. I have entered the license keys when Quixel Suite was version 1.4 beta stage. Now I can't use version 1.6 because Quixel Suite freezes and locks and does not give me to enter license keys.

Update. Should I reset my license on Quixel website to fix this?

Update2. Reseting license from the website didn't help. I still cannot enter the license keys in Quxel Suite 1.6.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is really unfortunate guys, I'm extremely sorry about this. The licensing system we use is third party and we're trying to figure out how to solve this problem with the developer. Meanwhile please feel free to add me to Skype (teddybeargbg) and I will help you get going again, hopefully we can even find a permanent fix.

Thanks guys.
    - Teddy
  • Vipera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vipera polycounter lvl 2
    Update 1.7 helped me to fix the license problem but this process was not smooth. After updating to v1.7 I launched Suite and clicked DDO button. I had got few pop-up error windows:
    Clipboard01.png

Then registration window appeared where I entered my SN. Suite asked to restart Photoshop and after Photoshop restarted Suite crashed with next error message:
    Clipboard02.jpg

I restarted Suite and registered NDO without any other errors. Everything works fine now. Thanks!
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I do not even get / see 1.7 ? I have 1.6 and tried the updater and still only shows 1.6
  • Vipera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vipera polycounter lvl 2
    I do not even get / see 1.7 ? I have 1.6 and tried the updater and still only shows 1.6

You can download it from this topic http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143106
    Do not uninstall your current v1.6. This is the update for 1.6, not full installation.
  • djwaterman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    djwaterman polycounter lvl 7
    I just downloaded the nDo2 legacy version, and I was under the impression it was free, but it opens up saying that the trial has expired and I need to get a licence. Was my assumption wrong? About it being free.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @skyline5gtr - the version number inside the suite will still show as 1.6, its a bugg, sorry about that!

@djwaterman - Ddo legacy is free, ndo and ddo are free upgrades if you own the legacy versions, sorry about any confusion!
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We tried going to 1.7 still same issue guess we will wait till it fully gets released.
  • Ravnheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am having the same problem. Every time I restart Quixel it always asks me to register. I have 9 days left and I'm in the middle of a project right now and would hate to loose the use of the program. I purchased during the beta and registered then as well.
  • CJFerguson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJFerguson polycounter lvl 7
    I like Ravnheart am also registered but since the recent update Quixel is forcing me to re register or to just click the try button. I've already inputted my serial key and so it won't let me re register. Also my trial period is on it's last legs. 5 days left.
  • Seijiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seijiro null
    Similar thing happens to me as happens to CJFerguson, sometimes, it asks for registration code out of the blue. Happened a few times with 1.6, after I updated to 1.7 it asked for it again.

I usually input my key again and it seems to work, I had 2 days left (I think it's 1 day left right now for try version). I will just see what happens in a day or two. Right now it doesn't pose a problem just a slight annoyance that I have to input it over and over from time to time.

However when I log into the website account they keys are registered there all the time, they never seem to go away, just that the Suite on my computer is a bit slow in that department.