Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

2D art thread from Iosu Palacios

Hi guys! That´s the thread I will use to update my stuff (hopefully often enough).

I´m a Spanish concept artist currently working in Germany. I love video games, LARPing and strawberry flavor ice cream.

Those two are buildings I did for a application test. The requirements were ISO buildings with a serious contrast in between each other, one candy-world like and the other one the pit of the doom kind of.

Hope you enjoy my art.

Cheers!

cf310656c4dc287cad1d9c86eb551bf7.jpg

187b0caa07e591a65e9a1e190ce37262.jpg

Replies

• IosuPalacios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys! I let you here "the Mule"

I imagined a distopian XVII century where the alchemy somehow manage to be a successful way to make science...or something.

In any case, I love that century and I liked the idea of merge it with a more high tech approach.

As always critics will be more than welcomed :)

b610deba7b9c78fd0ea309bc869db3d5.jpg
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hi there man -

While those are great, is there a particular area that you would like to get critiques on ? Hearing your own self-directed critiques would also be a good place to start.
  • acapulco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acapulco polycounter lvl 9
    Nice work! Everything is really interesting to look at.
  • IosuPalacios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ei guys, sorry for last on the response, busy times :/.

pior: I'm right now stressing myself more in props, buildings and design in general. Those are finished projects but I see your point and I will post more WIP works in the future. Correct perspective, appealing designs and a friendly 3D department presentations are thinks I would like to stretch in my post here.

acapulco: Thanks, glad you like them :)

I'm been working in some designs for planes after watching Porko Rosso (I didn't watch it in 15 years at least) so they pretend to be funny but still capable to fly and threatening.

1501038_10204306715883768_5020442328067322425_o.jpg

10428648_10204324256522273_6976950063590188954_n.jpg?oh=04d7ab5da04fbf0bcaa8d1c25cb2af2a&oe=54EFF551

1620450_10204324256482272_1866836177119502098_n.jpg?oh=2ae0f2e0555d34c780f90008f8e9fb7d&oe=54D1E4BF
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These are really quite stunning, and so accurate too ! It makes me wonder how you go at it when it comes to cleanup (from the blue pencils to the final lineart). The consistency of the lineweight is quite beautiful, which in turn really gels well with the aesthetics of the movie.

Well done ! Nothing to crit here - I just cannot wait to see the paintjob, and of course some human figure next to them to convey an accurate sense of scale (even tho the detalled cockpits already do a good job at that)
  • Stinkhorse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
    Pretty sweet stuff on display in here.
  • IosuPalacios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior: thanks :) The clean up it's pretty straight forward. Since I don't like to pay too much attention to the references during the sketch process I use them constantly during the clean up. Still I think I have too much fun doing the line XD and that I should try to get more loose with it due to productivity, especially if I'm going to render it afterwards.

Stinkhorse: Thanks dude!
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since I don't like to pay too much attention to the references during the sketch process I use them constantly during the clean up.

That's actually excellent advice ... I think something just clicked for me - I now realize that I have mostly been doing the exact opposite. Time to turn things around !
  • IosuPalacios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    great! glad to help ^^. It's a bit stupid but I just "discover" Pinterest a month ago or so XD, I type the key words and have a quick overview of the subject before start dudeling, keep it opened to get influences and so on but I always try to keep them loose enough.

Would be useful to show some of the pictures I used as references?