Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Night Hunter Rengar

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
eXecutex polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys I finally decided to do Rengar from my list of choices (Rengar,Zyra or Annie ).

I saw that the ingame look of this skin, so I though I could revise it by how it looks on this concept. I suppose I might make it better by what is already there :)

So, it might be tough, but I'm going to give him a shot.
Rengar_2.jpg

Replies

• eXecutex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And I suppose that's how I start this...
    Blocking out the main shape, it's interesting :)
    xkcMAst.jpg
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Hey, looking good so far. A couple of critiques:

(1) I think the body needs to be a bit bulkier to match the character, especially in the waist area. Even though it's stylized, you sill need to think of the underlying anatomy and how a rib cage and hip bone would fit underneath.

(2) Check the anatomy for your chest muscles. Right now they don't make it to the insertion point on the outside of the arm, they just kind of fold in and end.

Some reference for you.:

week2_tn.jpg

bd3627e72510a32d0f7fa5dc5d55bb19.jpg

pectoralis-major_clavicular_sternal_costal.jpg

Keep it up!
  • eXecutex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @CJE Thanks, I just quickly blocked out the bust, didn't worry much about the muscles...
    But thanks for the heads up, I almost forgot about the chest area which is connecting the shoulder muscle...
    Here I think I made it more bulky and fixed the muscle part... I guess...

mAdwigc.jpg
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    are you going for his original proportions? Right now, its quite a bit different. The stylization of the original tends to make him more readable and much more animal like. Just my opinion!

LeeS_Riot_Rengar_Zbrush.jpg
  • eXecutex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @slosh I'm trying to do the original proportions, but since I'm doing the Night Hunter Rengar, it looks more sleek than the original I suppose...
    And what is wrong with the animal like thingy ? please elaborate...
    By the way, I was trying to find that guy, thanks for sharing.

Here's more of the blockout.. I'm doing it slowly, no need for a rush, right ? :P
    E6B239L.jpg
  • eXecutex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a new update. I suppose that is better than the last one :)
    I was thinking of making my own skin of this guy, but I Don't know...
    I'll probably stay with the Night Hunter skin of Rengar.

TGBxm3t.jpg
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Looking slick! I think the proportions are still off. I would make his head smaller and his hands bigger for starters. Also, he looks like he has no neck. This might get fixed if you scale down the head though.
  • eXecutex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @slosh Thanks man, I did some changes to the proportions. I hope it looks better now. and I guess I'm ready to put the armor on :)
    I'm still thinking of making my own concept of Rengar, I don't know if I can start a new thread or should I do it in here...

oakcMAl.jpg
  • eXecutex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, so I'm probably not sure If I'm going to finish this dude on time, but I'll post updates anyway :D

Here's the blade of this guy I did in a few hours, still a lot of things to do tho....

QIjU7YZ.png

vbXLhqS.png