Home General Discussion

Wacom Bamboo Fun pen sticky

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Kraftwerk polycounter lvl 18
As many users here have a Wacom Tablet of any kind anyone else having the problem the soft grey plastic on their pens dissolving and getting sticky ? And maybe a good idea how to get this removed ? Mild soap or isopropyl wont help, very annoying to draw with this pen, even more annoying this happens on such an high price product.

Replies

• Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    I've had many wacoms through the entire product range and have never encountered this - Relevantly, I had a Bamboo that I used for four years and went with me across the world and what it has to show for it is the silver paint having come off the pen revealing whiter plastic underneith - no stickiness :/

The only thing I can think of is its particularly hot where you are + oil from hands.

Contact Wacom, they're actually very good with replacing stuff, if you're under warranty they will most certainly do it, and if not there's still a chance :)
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    I had a Bamboo Wacom pen do that on me once. I just had to order a new one. And the second pen I used for years and never has the problem.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    The same thing happened to me with the sides of a mx518 mouse after a few years of use. I too tried removing the coating but it never quite worked. I ended up simply covering the affected surfaces with clear tape ... and I actually like it better that way :)
  • rebb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rebb polycounter lvl 17
    I had this happen on a bamboo pen as well, but that was a fairly old model.
    Read somewhere that it had to do with the particular plastic used interacting with skin oils over time or something like that.

Really hoping Wacom has fixed this problem by now.
  • Kraftwerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraftwerk polycounter lvl 18
    Well i used my special cleaner and just remove the soft coating lol, rubbed of just fine the pen is smooth there now but whatever still works fine otherwise.