Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modular dilapidated building set.

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
hewitt96 polycounter lvl 10
So, its been a long time, a really long time since I worked on a personal project larger than a simple texture or two in ZBrush. Two weeks ago, I started looking around for a concept or something to start. I never found a concept that inspired me too much, but I did find a lot of stuff I like. I've been looking at a lot of art from Bioshock: Infinite and Gears of War 3. Over the weekend, I settled on making a modular dilapidated building set.

Stuff I want out of this:
-A new kickass portfolio piece.
-Lots of time in ZBrush
-Make a modular set on grid to easily construct a scene
-feedback from you guys!!
-Maybe brush up on some Unreal stuffs for some in-game shots, though I may settle with Marmoset.

Stuff I dont want:
-to use any photographs in the texturing process (All textures should be made using the baked maps only).
-this to turn into a HUGE project, I think?
-to give up. lol
-my dog to hate me for not playing with her.

All that said, here is my progress thus far:
My inspiration splash image:
Dilapidated_Building_Inspiration.jpg

My blockout in Max (the file is set to generic units and is placed on grid in powers of 8):
pp_building_001.jpg

Imported into ZBrush:
pp_building_002.jpg

Sculpted my first piece:
pp_building_003.jpg

The foundation of the building, the sidewalk, and crub have a preliminary sculpt applied:
pp_building_004.jpg

I'll be posting more stuff as I complete it. I'd like to take this all the way into UE4 (I'll need to brush up on that one) for some in-game shots. I'll be back soon with another update. :D

Replies