Home Technical Talk

How to change selection color in Max?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
tynew polycounter lvl 9
Hello,

I'm aware that you are able to change subselection color in Max with the direct3d mode. With Nitrous on I'm unable to change the subselection color at all. I get better performance using nitrous too.

I'm getting sick of seeing red for selection :) Has anyone been able to change theirs successfully?

Replies

• Bryan Cavett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bryan Cavett polycounter lvl 19
    This has bugged me for a while as well. I can change selection color just fine but not subselection color. The only thing that changes are the edges and verts, polygon fill seems to be hard coded as red while using the nitrous viewport.

Anyone know of a work around for this? Its been like this since nitrous was introduced as far as I know.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    This has bugged me for a while as well. I can change selection color just fine but not subselection color. The only thing that changes are the edges and verts, polygon fill seems to be hard coded as red while using the nitrous viewport.

Anyone know of a work around for this? Its been like this since nitrous was introduced as far as I know.

Was able to change in customize colors

Customize - > Customzie User Interface -> Elements - Geometry -> Subselection

I had to restart max to get it to work.
  • Bryan Cavett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bryan Cavett polycounter lvl 19
    What version are you using haiddasalami? I've had this problem for a while both at home and work. Are you talking about the "shade selected faces" color when using the "f2" hotkey where the polygons are filled? Only the outline of my polygons change color even after restart.

I'm thinking this is only happening to a small amount of people since there isn't a lot of threads out there about the subject.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    What version are you using haiddasalami? I've had this problem for a while both at home and work. Are you talking about the "shade selected faces" color when using the "f2" hotkey where the polygons are filled? Only the outline of my polygons change color even after restart.

I'm thinking this is only happening to a small amount of people since there isn't a lot of threads out there about the subject.

Sorry using 2015. Gonna test on 2012.

Edit: Works on 2012 too with Nitrous.
  • tynew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    I gave it ago, I didn't know it required a restart. No matter how deep blue I put it, it will stick to the same dark cyan color in your image.

It's better than the red at least, although I wish i could choose the specific color, because verts are hard to see with the dark cyan.

EDIT: Actually it looks like it forces you to use the dark cyan/pasty red regardless of specific color choice. It just changes to either of those two depending on the value picked.