Home Technical Talk

Max 2015 Issues

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
I'm experiencing serious performance and basic functionality issues with the new max. Does anyone have any fixes for the following problems?

1. Zooming out too far, and drag selecting objects on the screen doesn't select all the object in that area if they're too small.

2. Middle-Mouse-Drag to pan when cursor is over an object is way less sensitive than when Middle-Mouse-Dragging over empty space.

3. Really annoying second long stutter when initiating an action like panning or rotating, when I have an object selected.

4. Unable to change default render settings so that MAX opens with "shaded" by default rather than "realistic."

5. Zooming out three steps (where each step is a notch on the mouse wheel) and zooming one step in makes the model disappear. I have to maximize viewport to bring it back.

6. Inconsistent zooming sensitivity on each mouse wheel step. If I am zoomed in on a a group of polys and want to zoom out to view the model, zooming out more than 3-4 mouse wheel steps makes the camera zoom out so far that the model appears TINY!!!

Replies