Home Dota 2

Har's - Dota 2 Workshop

Har
Har
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Har polycounter lvl 3
Hi, this is my workshop, currently I've made two weapons for dota 2 and both have been submitted to the workshop.

Here is a link to my workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992249996/myworkshopfiles/?appid=570

My second weapon: Corpse Breaker - Axe

This is a spine connected to a head with a blade coming out of his mouth.
(The story is that those bones are from fallen enemy's, including the blade)

Link to the steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992249996/home/

[sketchfab]3a23e47bf7e54cf7a11a44139afd7380[/sketchfab]
Dota 2 Axe Weapon by harriekeen on Sketchfab

Fancy animated turntable:
CorpseBreaker-animated.gif?_subject_uid=10970163&w=AADREQ5TINy5lTXZgnFWhEU6Fsezd7rnTyGO1kIc0plsBA

Marmoset render with 2k texture:
2ch6lnq.png

Ingame with multiple animations:
141kw36.jpg

Marmoset wireframes
2s0jvav.jpg

Some concept drawings, made about a year ago I think..
2z8s2ts.jpg

My first dota 2 weapon: Coral Slammer - Sladar

Link to the steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276164080

Coral slammer
2ynl4iq.jpg

Concept drawing:
2mxr97s.jpg

Feedback is welcome :)

Replies

• hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hamstocks polycounter lvl 5
    is that axe supposed to be made of bone, or wood...? as of now I think it looks more like wood. I like the design, I just cant tell what its made out of.
  • Har
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Har polycounter lvl 3
    hamstocks wrote: »
    is that axe supposed to be made of bone, or wood...? as of now I think it looks more like wood. I like the design, I just cant tell what its made out of.

Well.. its supposed to be bone, you're the 2nd one that tells me it looks like wood. So I guess it looks like wood.. hmm what should I change to make it look like bones?

Note: the "Marmoset wireframes" is an older iteration and is a bit lighter than the final one, it also had some bugs in the masks which are also fixed (ill update that and see if you changed your mind).

Update:
    Alright the Axe marmoset renders are updated, they are a bit darker now (ingame had already the modified textures).
  • hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just think it looks a little too dark, and a little too brown. maybe if you lighten it up, and maybe add like some more cracks or markings on it to more clearly define it as bone
  • Har
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Har polycounter lvl 3
    hamstocks wrote: »
    I just think it looks a little too dark, and a little too brown. maybe if you lighten it up, and maybe add like some more cracks or markings on it to more clearly define it as bone

I've added some cracks and made the material a bit lighter. I'm not sure if it looks better or worse. (also played a bit with the cavity which added some detail to the blade (also added it to one of the masks which also helped).

vdcq5y.jpg
  • hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think that's a lot better! it's much more easily recognizable as bone now, nice job man!