Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Defense Droid

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys! I just finished this, it is my first zbrus hard surface sculpted high poly.

javier-benitez-presentacion-lp.jpg

javier-benitez-presentacion-hp.jpg

I really hope you all like it, let me know if you would change anything.

EDIT: Original concept art by Blasoid (http://b-kaczmarek.weebly.com/)

Replies

• YakZSmelk
    Offline / Send Message
    YakZSmelk polycounter lvl 11
    The texturing looks pretty good, but the silhouette is really dull.

I would play around with the silhouette more if you want this to be a more engaging piece, my first thought when looking at it is, "How are the guns attached?"
    Maybe add some extended arms to separate them from the body.
  • Blaisoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    Well, since this model seems to be based on an old concept art piece that I made, I can say that proportions are a bit different from what I had on mind (though my design admittedly had lots of flaws as well)

Most notably the base part is rather small and less tapered which makes turret look less massive and more cartoony.
    Guns were meant be attached to the upper part, and as the turret closed (standby mode) they would rotate 90% downwards to hide in those two "pockets" on the lower half.

Other than that it looks nice, definitely not bad for first zbrush hard surface.
  • Javibcln
    Offline / Send Message
    Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
    Hey guys, its nice to hear from you.

@YakZSmelk I think you are right, its not clear that the guns are attached, but they are, its just the lighting in the high poly is too dark maybe and the angle on the low poly doesn´t show it. Thanks for your critique man!

@Blaisoid, I wanted to go for the cartoony and more nice appeareance, but it´s true that the original concept was taken from your site (gave you props on Artstation, but I forgot to do it here). Thanks for your reply mate!!