Home Contests & Challenges Archives Arms & Armor, Chivalry: Medieval Workshop

[Chivalry] – Mason Vanguard – Skull set

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
ysalex interpolator
Here's where I started off.

This is my helmet highpoly:

kwo9lVs.jpg

Inspired by this concept, which I loved. I switched up proportions, weighting, made it chunkier, went further into the skull theme with the skull-plate welds showing, and other stuff to differentiate it.

FcF4ec5.jpg

Here is the blade, some quick stetches but no real concept on this one I just freestyled in zbrush based on the having the skull in there and bringing the teeth over.

6HcFrqS.jpg

Crits and comments appreciated.

Replies

• Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Nice, I like the design. Intimidating. I might push the helmet off the head a little more. Feels like it might be a little snug.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Nice design,the one thing I'd change is to close that gap up where jaw portion of the armor meets the head. That gap is huge enough where an arrow could fly right in and kill the Knight.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Thanks guys, I just finished my low poly. I will consider dragging out some clearance on the helmet once I see what the proportions looks like on the body, but I think you're probably correct.

Here are the low poly versions with textures, these shots are in Marmoset, now I need to get them loaded into the game for some proper screenshots.

yaFG2vU.jpg

0pudOee.jpg