Home Quixel Megascans

dDO Legacy won't open anymore

GhostBlades
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
GhostBlades polycounter lvl 3
Hello, recently I updated to Windows 8.1...upon installing dDO Legacy all i got was the dDO logo and the marmoset skyshop window opening with nothing in it right away...no where to plug in the textures, nothing to register, once I close out skyshop marmoset window, all that's left is the dDo logo that has crashed and wont go away...I tried reinstalling several times and restarting the PC...it also doesn't open photoshop automatically either...nDO does as does Quixel suite...anyone else have this issue

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Ghostblades!

Sorry to hear about your troubles! This might be due to some of windows 8.1 "safety features"
    its hard to say. dDo legacy should run on widnows 8.1 so if you could try to find if windows is somehow "Blocking" the suite it could sort out your problem!
  • GhostBlades
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, thanks for the quick response :)
    Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what safety features those might be, I shut off windows firewall, I shut off my antivirus, i turned off all the action center features...like smartscreen...I don't know what else to do :( -

but wouldn't the "safety features" also not let me open the Suite beta or nDo Legacy, why only dDO legacy I wonder...and why open the marmoset skyshop immediately upon opening...I don't remember it doing that until you plug in all your maps and hit the run dDO button.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its certainly strange that only dDO legacy is affected, but then again windows is strange :)
    Are you running all the programs as admin?
  • GhostBlades
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I was running it as Admin...But I fixed it by switching back to Windows 7 :) Just too many issues in general with Windows 8...(design wise :P)
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well i gotta agree with you there :) I much prefer windows 7 as well. really sorry we couldn´t sort out the problem for you but great that it works now at least!