Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Last 3DO version render grey

Hello,

i have a problem with the latest version of the suite, no matter what obj i use or texture i input quixel end up with a grey material, if i try to apply different materials afterwards i can do it only for one materials, but even pressing the C key and clicking on the 3d view doesnt pop up the material selection.

Someoone could help? cs6 latest quixel on win 7 64

thanks

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

Just so we can rule out software error, would you mind downloading one of the sample projects from the wiki? http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=ddo_samples

And we´ll take it from there :)
  • Svare
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi.
    Ive been having the same issue! Currently working on my final project for Uni with 20+ assets in a scene and each asset that has multiple color IDs wont render properly. I always
    end up with a grey base after calculating input map and can only apply a single material to the entire asset.
    Double and triple checked the ID maps. Loaded input maps from my last months project that turned out fine and it also turned everything grey... Highly frustrated! Gonna try a reinstall and if that dose not work ill go the old manual way.
  • Svare
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    double post. sorry
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys! Sorry for the late reply, somehow this thread sliped under the radar.
    When you create your projects, beneath the input map, does it say "Clean grey preset"? If so, click the dropdown menu to the right and select "Default materials" and that should do it!
  • pixhellmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixhellmann polycounter lvl 6
    Svare said:
    Hi.
    Ive been having the same issue! Currently working on my final project for Uni with 20+ assets in a scene and each asset that has multiple color IDs wont render properly. I always
    end up with a grey base after calculating input map and can only apply a single material to the entire asset.
    Double and triple checked the ID maps. Loaded input maps from my last months project that turned out fine and it also turned everything grey... Highly frustrated! Gonna try a reinstall and if that dose not work ill go the old manual way.
    Hey this is quite old thread. But I actually have the exact same isse.
    I am in 3do. Shift + C + Click on the first ID. assign a nice smart material. -> works so far great.
    NOW
    adding the second smart material the same way -> it creates the folder with all material layers. but they are all grey.
    and in 3do nothin is updating.
    If i manually change the color of the materials, I can see it in photoshop documents.
    But 3do is still showing me the grey version.

what could be wrong here?!
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Please provide the version of PS you're using, your installed Suite version, your system specifications, and a video of this problem if possible.
  • pixhellmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am using the laste Quixel V. 2.3.1 Professional with Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 (20170425.r.252 x64).
    My mesh is created in 3ds Max 2017. I baked a tangent normalmap with "green channel up" and gamma 1.0 settings, etc. I am pretty sure that's all right.
    the only thing is I am using manually created ID color materials.
    I assigned the color materials to the Highpoly mesh and baked a diffuse map. So i get the propper ID color placements fitting to the normal map. (could this be the issue?! because if I don't use an ID Map, I can create more than one smart material and it shows up on the whole mesh)

• pixhellmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wtf.. now it works. I imported and tried it with the same settings like 4 times now.