Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Beautiful and deadly Pirate Woman - work in progress

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Bushidou polycounter lvl 12
Hi guys, been a while

Recently I watched Pirates of Caribbean and got a little inspired to try to make a pirate. Instead of Mr. Sparrow I decided to try to go with a woman based on my own concept. innocent look and deadly, hope in the end will turn that way.

Some work in progress pictures, still far from done:

lightest2.jpg

testlight1.jpg

lighttest3.jpg

001b.jpg

hope you like

Replies

• danpants
    Offline / Send Message
    danpants polycounter lvl 14
    I love it, can't wait to see more!
  • garriola83
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    Nice! Keep going
  • LRoy
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    You placed and uv'ed the hair cards, then sculpted on them?
  • Bushidou
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys

LRoy wrote: »
    You placed and uv'ed the hair cards, then sculpted on them?

yes that is correct, first i made a quick sketch with fibermesh than I created the hair mesh in maya, uvw-ed and polygrouped than sculpted some quick lines by hand just to not look plain in zbrush. Didnt paid much attention since I am going to go fully alpha later and bake the normal map from texture.

more progress:

going to create another pose render with the flint wep as well, than start texturing

girlpirate0.jpg

girlpirate.jpg

pirgirl1.jpg

pirwep.jpg
  • Anchang-Style
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Loving the hair really cool. Not too fond of the massive sculpted hair, but this looks really good. The rest of the work is top notch as well, but hair really does it for me.
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    This looks amazing :D Absolutely beautiful character you got here and the hair is awesome.
  • Texelion
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. The upper half is really really good, but the "skirt" is a bit weird. I guess people think showing more skin is sexier, but sometimes you don't need to. I'm sure that tight pants would be better, look more "pirate", and emphasize the ass.

I'm totally thinking about Ves from Witcher 2 :

ves.jpg

That kind of tight pants are really sexy.

Also, I don't want to be rude but the pistol sucks ^^. The materials don't look hard enough, especially the wood, I'm sure you can do a lot better.

Keep it up.
  • Bushidou
    Offline / Send Message
    closer look:

pirateface.jpg

thank you, at first I really didn't know how to go with the lower part, I really liked this type of skirt making her more unique pirate but I knew the back wont be interesting, so in the end since won't take much of time I decided to go with another lower as well, to make two different renders in the end

pirback.jpg

I will keep you guys posted

p.S

Shawn
    /from email: thank you, I used to do celshade a few years ago when I was working for a mode called dbz hood, not anymore, sorry.
  • razz
    Offline / Send Message
    razz polycounter lvl 9
    That skirt thing looked way more interesting, in my opinion, and fit better with the rest of the design. Looking really good overall though!
  • Dethling
    Offline / Send Message
    Dethling polycounter lvl 11
    I don't think the "hot pants" really fit to the medival look of the character (I don't really know if they have back-pockets during this time^^).

If you want to keep it unique how to go with a long skirt-dress, which is cut short in the front and left long at the back? (thinking of Elisabeth dress in Pirates of the Caribean 1, take the lower part of it and cut out the lower front part)
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    I don't know why her face looks young for me. Like, before puberty young.