Home Adobe Substance

2 questions about textures...

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
MeshMagnet polycounter lvl 9
I haven't used SP in a few months, I know the beta has had a slew of updates, so forgive me if this has been posted already...

1. Does SP now support 4096 texture resolution?

2. Can I switch between tradional PBR workflows and Metalness workflows?

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    1. Not yet, it's coming ! We are working hard to support that resolution.

2. The current process is metalness inside Painter, but at the export you can convert your maps to the Reflectance workflow. Unless you mean something else by "traditional PBR" (nothing is really traditional about PBR) ?
    You can also create you own texture channels in painter directly, but you won't be able to visualize them with the current shader. We are also working on improving that.
  • MeshMagnet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeshMagnet polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for the reply.

About the metalness thing. I was more implying something similar to what Quixel has, the calibration presets. I think it would be awesome if you guys had something similar.
    Good to know that SP is using metalness, I'm using UE4 at the moment so it works perfectly for my needs.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    We don't have a chart, because it doesn't make sense to have one until you have a target engine. Especially since the Substance technology is very adaptive to your pipeline and software. However, if you are using the UE4, I would suggest using this chart : http://seblagarde.wordpress.com/2014/04/14/dontnod-physically-based-rendering-chart-for-unreal-engine-4/