Home Contests & Challenges Archives Arms & Armor, Chivalry: Medieval Workshop

[Chivalry] - Mason Man-at-Arms

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Quack! polycounter lvl 17
Hey all, I guess I am going to throw my hat in here.

Hardsurface in Max -> Substance Designer -> Chivalry SDK / Toolbag2

This is just a 3Doodle but I want to try a mace with lots of hexagonal and geometric shades with lots of ornate smaller details. I will probably do a few more blockout variations like these to hone in on the shape.

My current idea is to have it look as if a scientist/mathmetician/tinkerer crafted this weapon, so the forms should represent that while still maintaining realism to keep in line with Chivalry.

1xog4Po

Replies

• IronWall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronWall polycounter lvl 12
    sub'd .... I am expecting great things.
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update, playing with shapes.

I experimented with some small rivets which I don't like at all. I will play with other details in the future.

1pKt4Vs
  • Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    That looks like a good one for bashing skulls. Looking good
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    9thKnight wrote: »
    That looks like a good one for bashing skulls. Looking good

Thanks!

Update:

Playing with more shapes and liking them a bit more.

1ABorTR
  • Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Looks good. I think I liked the grip on the other one a bit better. But maybe I am a bit impartial to the wire ring type of grip.
  • Magicspook
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just read you can't make your weapon team specific... the eagles will have to go :(
  • Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Magicspook wrote: »
    just read you can't make your weapon team specific... the eagles will have to go :(

Where'd you see that at???
  • Magicspook
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is it possible to provide 2 textures sets (Agatha/Mason) for one weapon?
    I know a weapon (which is not part of a set) can be shared between Agatha/Mason, but it would be really great to have the possibility to provide 2 different sets for the same mesh to have distinctive/perfectly adapted look.

It's a kind of "set" for one weapon : )

Thanks!

A: no, this would be inconsistent with our rules of having one primary weapon per set. even though it is a texture. its fine if you wish to put some design cues from one team into your weapon, but don't put any very obvious team specific branding into your weapon. (if you look at some of our weapons, they use darker metals and fit with the atheistic of mason, but can be used by agatha, however there's no logos, or specific team colors used in the designs.)
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the info on the emblem, glad I hadn't detailed that out.
  • dzibarik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
    These octagon shapes make this mace look a bit futuristic, I think. The weapon looks cool, just not sure how these octagons will do for the time period.
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    Hey guys sorry for the confusion, team logos ARE allowed.
    People were pointing out that it conflicted with our rules:

The weapons can be team agnostic, but if you are submitting a weapon bundled with a helmet, it should match the style of the team the helmet is for. As an example: a Mason Knight’s Flail should not look like an Agatha Knight’s Flail. Please review the requirements page for more details and directions on the styles.
    Uzziel wrote: »
    Is it possible to provide 2 textures sets (Agatha/Mason) for one weapon?
    I know a weapon (which is not part of a set) can be shared between Agatha/Mason, but it would be really great to have the possibility to provide 2 different sets for the same mesh to have distinctive/perfectly adapted look.

It's a kind of "set" for one weapon : )

Thanks!

A(Revised): no, this would be inconsistent with our rules of having one primary weapon per set. even though it is a texture. its fine if you wish to put some design cues from one team into your weapon.

Hope thats clear.
  • L3XICON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice work so far :) I am with dzibarik in that I think it looks a little sci-fi right now. I guess its the octagon shapes and the fact it feels very 'manufactured' like it's come out of a machine maybe by softening it up and banging it around in zbrush to give it some less consistent shapes would do the trick in making it feel like a blacksmith gave this a good bashing out with a hammer :) good luck!
  • Magicspook
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys sorry for the confusion, team logos ARE allowed.
    People were pointing out that it conflicted with our rules:

The weapons can be team agnostic, but if you are submitting a weapon bundled with a helmet, it should match the style of the team the helmet is for. As an example: a Mason Knight’s Flail should not look like an Agatha Knight’s Flail. Please review the requirements page for more details and directions on the styles.

Hope thats clear.

wow... Me posting in like every post you can't make faction specific posts, that guys posting in every post that you can :P sorry for the hassle...