Home General Discussion

Interview for a Company

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Francois_K interpolator
I've been applying here and there and found a nice opening at a local 3D Printing Company. Sent off my application and got a reply 12 hours later saying that they'll contact me at the start of September.

Now I was too excited to reply or didn't know if I should have replied since they said they'll contact me , so I assumed I'd just wait.

Now in preparation for the interview I started to gather some info about them and what they do and any news articles about them and even looked up some common interview questions , since this will be my first one.

I can't seem to answer the question of "Why do you want to work for us"

Which really makes me worried. Things I've come up with are that I know Zbrush well and enjoy working in a team environment...

...however that's it.

I'm not sure if when that questions is talked about if I should go on what I can do or talk about what I can do for them in terms for skills.

Maybe someone's been in similiar situations and could help me out here.

Replies

• Clark Coots
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    You could always send a Thank you email and say you're looking forward to speaking with them.

Since it's a 3D printing company, are you excited about being able to bring your 3D creations to the real world? Are you making toys? Have you built toy models in the past and some how relate that to 3D printing? Do you like rapid prototyping and the iterative process? I'm sure you can find some passion about why you'd want to work there.

Just relax and do your research about the company and you'll do just fine!
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Why do you want to work with us?: Your Company is great at what it does, I would love to be a part of it.

hAKJ5lS.png
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    Why do you want to work with us? I like to watch printers print? BOOM. Done deal. Job. Paycheck.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    you find the whole commercial 3d printing process intriguing, and have been watching it grow over the past few years. You are really interested in the process of how it works, or you find it exciting to see 3d artists finally seeing their creations
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    You can also bullshit about how 3d printing can make fake arms and legs for the handicapped and that you find it amazing and would like to be a part of what would push this technology further into the bright and golden future. How it could one day becomes a foundation of replicating technology in the future. Or how the crew of Apollo 13 would have a much easier time if only they had a 3d printer with them.

But at the end of the day: They have money and demands to meet, while lacking time. You have time to reach their demands and need money. It's a trade.
  • Francois_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    Wow great suggestions :) Thanks a bunch guys , definetly gonna use some of them , not because hurr durr copy paste but because I'm really bad at expressing myself in words so some of the suggestions really hit it spot on.

Thanks ^^