Home Contests & Challenges Archives Arms & Armor, Chivalry: Medieval Workshop

[Chivalry] – Agatha + Man At Arms – Safe's Set

Excited to try this out, my brother and I play chiv all the time, so it will be cool to participate in this! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• Geno527
    Offline / Send Message
    Geno527 polycounter lvl 8
    Yes :D I can't wait to see what you will create for this contest !
  • Makkon
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Excited to see you on board!
  • Safemilk(Daniel)
    Hey guys, thanks for the kind words, now I'm pumped!

I was thinking of making a sica, basically the predecessor to the kukri knife possibly?
    I don't really have anything for a helmet yet, nothing has jumped out at me, wondering if I can incorporate cloth into a helmet somehow, I love mixing materials.

OwbZ1iE.jpg

FQexrP5.jpg

I was thinking of trying to infuse some filigree into the hilt or blade thought, keep it from being too plain, something like this:

uMSOczS.jpg

Or should I do a quarterstaff, there's only one in the game so far, and I love using it, what do you guys think?

Hopefully I can find something good to base a helmet off of soon!
  • Safemilk(Daniel)
    Haven't been able to get to sit down and work on this competition yet, but today I was able to get in there and bust out the low for the Sica, it clocks in at 1076 tris, so just under the falchion. Next it's on to the high poly.

NkfDf1D.jpg
  • Safemilk(Daniel)
    Hmm, so I was looking around a bit and the site says the falchion is around 5k tris, but the file I downloaded was only 1,081 tris, so I'm thinking their source file is an LOD or something? Either way, I think I need to go back and boost the tri count in this sword to reflect the wiki page's info. Would make it look a lot better too...
  • Safemilk(Daniel)
    Bumped up the poly's but still can do a lot more if the limit is actually what the wiki says, I think I'm going to zbrush the blade to have chips in it, and then model those chips into the low poly. For now, here's a rough pass on the texture.

5XPQrl9.jpg

Edit: Forgot to mention, used quixel suite and toolbag2