Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Desiderium Sigil, Plate of the Godslayer [WIP]

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
zetheros interpolator
Hey everyone! I am a modern armoursmith, and I concept/model/texture/animate game assets and characters using photoshop, zbrush, and modo, and will be working with UE4 to make a game of my own.

I've been studying and building plate armour of the 15th-16th centuries for the past 5 years, specifically Gothic plate, and the Maximilian-styled fluted armour. Here are some pics of a model I've been working on (that I will eventually build irl, out of carbon steel, leather, hemp cloth or linen, here at my dad's house in China)

And here is a (really) rough zbrush concept for my next suit of armour, Desiderium Sigil, Plate of the Godslayer.

I might enter something into the Chivalry Arms & Armour contest, sounds like fun.

1HrznE9.png
n2VWLqy.png

GIoQtcb.png

Replies

• zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    I can do cute stuff too. Here's a tiny lizard adventurer wearing the iconic skyrim hat.
    Capture61.png
    Capture51.png
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    This is the concept for one of the main characters for the game I'm working on in UE4. It's not that great either, compared to a lot of the stuff here at polycount.

Capture11.png

Capture12.png
    Capture21.png
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    I might make a few more mobs and NPCs, but it's a lot of work making concept art, zbrush models, retopo in modo, UV unwrapping, texturing, animating attack/walk/eating/dance cycles solo. Each additional 3d asset adds on another few days of work to my project.

The game will be a sort-of isometric tower defense, mashing sci-fi with fantasy, with great art and an epic storyline. The game will focus more on hero upgrades and abilities, rather than towers, and will focus also on loot and replayability. Currently I'm working on reusable interior assets in modo; walls, gates, windows, etc.

Capture41.png
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    I'm also learning a lot here at polycount. There's obviously a LOT for me to learn, and I'm learning quite a lot every day... this is better than college imo.

So thanks, everyone.