Home Contests & Challenges Archives Arms & Armor, Chivalry: Medieval Workshop

[Chivalry] Desiderium Sigil - Plate of the Godslayer (Knight's Plate Armour))

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
zetheros interpolator
Hey everyone! My name is Sheng, but I generally go by 'Zetheros' online. I am a modern armoursmith, and I concept/model/texture/animate game assets and characters using photoshop, zbrush, and modo, and will be working with the Unreal Engine soon, to make a game of my own.

I've played Chivalry for a few weeks, and I really enjoyed the combat, but then I moved to China and the latency here is terrible for mmo's. I was that guy with the bidenhander and 40+ kills... sorry ;)

I've been studying and building plate armour of the 15th-16th centuries for the past 5 years, specifically Gothic plate, and the Maximilian-styled fluted armour. Here are some pics of a model I've been working on (that I will eventually build irl, out of carbon steel, leather, hemp cloth or linen, here at my dad's house in China)

Here is a (really) rough zbrush concept for my next suit of armour, Desiderium Sigil, Plate of the Godslayer.

Most of the armour is 16th c. Maximilian, however there are influences of Negroli, the gauntlets are 15th c. Gothic, and the pauldron guards are from a late 15th c. jousting suit. The cuirass and backplate have the globule shape and fluting of Maximilian, but has the articulations and a more slim-shape reminiscent of Gothic, and the flutes run in the same way as gothic armour.

The cloth articles are not contemporary, I just thought it'd look cool :)

1HrznE9.png

n2VWLqy.png
GIoQtcb.png

KYLJ324.png