Home Technical Talk

Remesh in Zbrush Acting Up

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Christian Cunningham polycounter lvl 10
Back again with another issue in Z-Brush. Everyday I am learning more and am really loving it. I was remeshing some objects to get nice even quads. All of a sudden my remesh tool started giving me this error. I have tried it on a few other tools and it does the same thing? What is wrong with my topology? Or is it just the tool? What's going on here?

5dmlo6.jpg

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Your popup is unfortunately covering your skinning modifiers so it is hard to tell. If I were to guess, I'd say you have a symmetry modifier enabled on the remesh button. If the model isn't symmetrical across that axis and the half it is trying to mirror over happens to be the half that doesn't have any vertices in it, the result wouldn't have any vertices either.
  • Christian Cunningham
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am very new to zbrush, what is a skinning modifier? how do I disable a symmetry modifier? Now that I think of it the objects I have that are not working are either not closed objects or they are not symmetrical.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    The skinning modifiers are all the buttons and sliders located around the Remesh All button that alter its behavior (such as the resolution and polish sliders). The Remesh All button itself also has 3 tinier buttons inside of it on the top-right corner (x,y,z) to control the axis of symmetry it uses.
  • Christian Cunningham
    Options
    Offline / Send Message