Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Yet Another Portfolio Critique

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
CarlK3D polycounter lvl 7
I've added some more work to my folio, mostly the Miscreated work.

Flame Run, The App I'm currently developing will be finished by the end of the year and I will create a page for it when I have a trailer & finalised artwork.

Should I Remove/ Change anything?
Is there any good ways to compress .png files? jpegs compress the quality to much

To answer the question of what area I want to work in as I know I have both realistic & hand painted models, for now I'm looking for work in mobile studios but until then Miscreated is my current work.

Folio: www.carlkent.com

Replies

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    You can control the quality loss of JPG in photoshop ? Just use something thats not too low. I used 75% for all my images now, that seems to have no visible loss.

Hm the miscreated stuff looks a little bland, empty rooms and floors are not as exciting, dont you have any assets to fill ? Maybe try compressing most assets in 2-3 nice compositions and then show some ingame screenshots where they are in use.

The website looks good, but havent you posted it in a couple other threads already ? : P
  • CarlK3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CarlK3D polycounter lvl 7
    @Shrike I think the problem I was having with JPG was that wix compresses everything you upload and it tears apart edges and just doesn't look great. Might have to look into learning some HTML and just make my own site or get one of our devs to help me.

There are plenty of assets to fill the rooms and surrounding areas but they are not my assets so I dont really want to include work that is not mine. I have a few items for Inside but not enough to fill it correctly. Perhaps I can just note what items I created and it will be ok?

I have posted a few threads in the past when I was working on the design and what area of work I wanted to get into but I find updating old threads doesn't get many new replies and contains old information or opinions.

P.S didn't your Avatar have an gif animation? I like the new design but I want to see the shine D:
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Oh webpage compression is nasty. I can really recommend weebly, I tried a couple and it seemed to be the best in my eyes, compression is also not really noticeable, but you gotta make sure your pictures are pixel perfectly scaled. Maybe thats the same on WIX
    Check if your images are as wide as your site, if not crop them pixel perfect. One pixel off makes the site resample your whole picture by their own algorithms that are nowhere not as good as photoshops.

Ah the old one had the animation, I could do it again but its already so pretentious I dunno it thats so good >.>