Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alien Dracula

jaysonmtl
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
jaysonmtl polycounter lvl 10
Hello polycounters I need some feedback on a character im working on, I got inspired by the engineers and gigers style from alien and after watching guardians of the galaxy I wanted to create a humanoid alien with a dark dracula/vampire side to him. He is decimated in the pics so please consider that. I would also like to add some cloth like a cape and I started doing some testing with tubes that will be blood emmisive.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

a.png

b.png

c.png

d.png

Replies

• jaysonmtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    I have a few crits. The suit looks like a good start, and you seem to know how to use the program, but I think the overall design of the suit seems to be all over the place. For example, there is very little contrast between high-frequency detail and low-freq detail, meaning it's noisy all over. I would suggest designing larger, less detailed parts of the suit with very little noise such as a chest plate, buttocks, femur or tibia area. It's all about balance.
    Second, try to think of a theme or shape language to incorporate into the suit. Like I said, it seems to be all over the place and doesn't really support a main geometric shape. Try to establish a solid noticeable motif on the suit.
    Lastly, even tho it's sci-fi, to to establish where pieces of the suit ends and a new piece begins. It seems to be a solid "wet suit" structure right now and I believe that segmenting parts of the suit would make it a more grounded and believable piece. Think about how to would the character put on the suit? Those are good things to think about, imho. Keep at it!
  • programmer23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    programmer23 polycounter lvl 6
    Overall the sculpt looks great, but It seems really blobby to me, as well as being really busy around the entire sculpt.

The face is fantastic and I love the expression. The addition of a cape may help to bring the model together. Do you plan on turning this into a game rez model?
  • jaysonmtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey thxs for the crits! yes I plan to make him into a game rez character, I agree with the suit being to noisy, il have to segement bigger parts to the muscle anatomy maybe like garriola said ex: chest plate will have less noisy detail and the same for maybe for say shoulders abs ect ect

Thanks!
  • jaysonmtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Little update on this guy, I removed some noise on the overall body armor and added a skirt and removed the tubes. What do you bros and gals think?

1.png

2.png

3.png
  • KazeoHin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KazeoHin polycounter lvl 8
    looks a bit better, more variation in definition! keep going!