Home Technical Talk

Grid starts disappearing

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
CyberGameArts polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys,
this is a really noobish question but how do you stop the grid from clipping/disappearing. When I set my Units to meters and my grid spacing to 1 meter its starts to disappear when I move away with the camera.(The same happens when I set it to centimeters and adjust the spacing accordingly)

aUAkJyR.png

LzS3ltd.png

Thanks alot in advance!

Replies

• gonzo_3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gonzo_3d polycounter lvl 6
    You might check your camera attributes (near, far clipping plane) for the relevant camera.

Also I just discovered when I reduced the color depth on my laptop I got some weird artifacts like this, recovered by resetting my display res to max.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You might need to adjust the viewport clipping?

Click the perspective label in the upper left corner, and choose "viewport clipping". This will pop up a slider on the side of your viewport that you can use to adjust the near/far clipping. Click on the little triangles and slide them up and down, see if that fixes it.
  • CyberGameArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You might need to adjust the viewport clipping?

Click the perspective label in the upper left corner, and choose "viewport clipping". This will pop up a slider on the side of your viewport that you can use to adjust the near/far clipping. Click on the little triangles and slide them up and down, see if that fixes it.

Yeah I tried that already. When i move the sliders around only small changes happen, weird.

aUMeR0w.png
  • CyberGameArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow I just noticed something really strange...
    I made a cam and set the Clipping planes, which fixed it.However, when I deselect or leave the camera the grid disappears again :poly142:

selected:
    kVWvcSe.png

deselected:
    K8uLk35.png