Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio feedbacks?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Suba polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys, I'd need some feedbacks on my portfolio right there:

http://loicmarques.com/

I tried to have a really simple layout to focus on the work. And I threw away my weakest/oldest pieces.

I'd like to know if it's solid enough to apply for a job or if I should just hang myself.

Thank you !

Replies

• Pain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pain polycounter lvl 9
    My suggestion is you should make a layer for each project, if a viewer click on that layer it will open the whole process and side view of that project.
    Btw love your Kerrigan unless her eyes :D.
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Your stuff is pretty good man. I think you have a solid foundation. On some characters, the texturing seems rushed. I think the strongest characters is Kerrigan actually. I'm not crazy about her face though. For the first guy, the texturing is weak IMO...looks like solid colors. For the alien, the texturing looks like solid colors, AO, and uniform noise. Paint in more seconday, tertiary colors. Add more wear, dirt, scratches where appropriate. And where are the sculpts on the first guy, the alien, and kerrigan? Also, poly count is much less an issue these days but 30k on the first guy? really? I don't think that's worth mentioning because it's crazy inefficient. Same with the alien character too. Again, overall, solid stuff and you can certainly apply for gigs but there is still a lot that can be touched up.
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Pain wrote: »
    My suggestion is you should make a layer for each project, if a viewer click on that layer it will open the whole process and side view of that project.
    Btw love your Kerrigan unless her eyes :D.
    Ha yeah that's a great idea. I should try to incorporate this, some people don't like to scroll that much I guess.
    Ha thanks :D What don't you like about it?
    Thanks for the input!
    slosh wrote: »
    Your stuff is pretty good man. I think you have a solid foundation. On some characters, the texturing seems rushed. I think the strongest characters is Kerrigan actually. I'm not crazy about her face though. For the first guy, the texturing is weak IMO...looks like solid colors. For the alien, the texturing looks like solid colors, AO, and uniform noise. Paint in more seconday, tertiary colors. Add more wear, dirt, scratches where appropriate. And where are the sculpts on the first guy, the alien, and kerrigan? Also, poly count is much less an issue these days but 30k on the first guy? really? I don't think that's worth mentioning because it's crazy inefficient. Same with the alien character too. Again, overall, solid stuff and you can certainly apply for gigs but there is still a lot that can be touched up.
    Thanks a lot for the feedbacks !
    This is so odd, I thought my Kerrigan was clearly one of the weakest for some reasons.
    Yeah you are right, I removed it. I guess I really have to improve of the optimisation part.
    How many polys those chracters would need in your opinion?
    You are completely right about the textures, I wanted something pretty clean and simple, but if it looks weak, well that's not good, I should re work on those. Wear, dirt, scratches are always good I guess :D
    Are the sculpts that important? I did not include them for those characters cause I was afraid that was not that useful and would just add too many pics for nothing.
    Well thanks, I'll keep that in mind and keep practicing !