Home Technical Talk

Joseph Harford - Training videos

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Harford polycounter lvl 7
I'm going to keep this updated with my free and paid video tutorials. These tutorials are aimed at beginner - Intermediate, but I'm sure anyone can pick up a few tricks & tips.

d42bfa5582bc8d70126387f3c939b6af.jpg

Buy now for $5

Master Tileable textures in Zbrush

If you want to learn to make your own tileable textures, rather than relying on what's available, or fudging bump maps from poor quality images, this Master series is for you. I guide you through my process for creating great looking tileable textures in zbrush and leave no stone
unturned ( pun intended ) in teaching you all the tricks I know.
  • - Discover methods for modeling & sculpting stones
  • - Using zbrush to efficiently texture individual stones
  • - Enhance with masking tricks to add detail and realism.
  • - Create displacements, normals, ambient occlusion, spec and gloss maps.
  • - Setup in Marmoset Toolbag, plus bonus tips on adding realism.
So dive in and take a step toward becoming a texturing master!

Stay up to date and like my facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joseph-Harford-Art-Training/255071418025825?ref=hl

Replies

• peanut™
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    Highly affordable, just got into your knife tuto (texturing part). I will tack along. Thanks
  • luthyn
    Offline / Send Message
    luthyn polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks Harford!
  • mobpapst
    Offline / Send Message
    mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
    Awesome tutorial, awesome guy. All the tipps he's giving are in no relation to the price.
  • Dave Jr
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
    Purchased, always happy to help support a fellow 3d artist :D great videos cheers
  • Gazu
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 11
    I bought it,too. Learned what :)
    But for nice Tesselation i had to connect each Side of my Plane with 20 Edges.
    Otherwise the Tesselation look like "wobble"

Thanks
    Gazu
  • Harford
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, Glad it's getting well recieved.
    Gazu - Yes in Marmoset you will need to have already quite a dense plane for tessellation and displacement to work well. Without features like Parralax occlusion mapping we are a little limited in marmoset when it comes to displacement. Just make sure the mesh is dense enough and it should be okay.
  • Gazu
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 11
    This Video is also very nice:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNgs2DcAsF4

Hey Harford, i like that you are telling every little step.
    For zBrush beginners like me its very good when you do that.

In a lot of Video Tutorials the Instructor doesnt say how he have made the next step, because he maybe used a shortcut. Thats bad for beginners. Because beginners didnt know how to reach this step now.

So in your Video Tutorial i became problems when it comes to the Alpha "Tab" on the upper right corner in your zBrush. In the first moment i really didnt know how to transfer the Alpha until i checked out the Menue above a bit ^^ I lost round about 20 minutes to solve that :P

Its always better to say how you made this step.
    Explain it one time so that all kind of users can follow your tutorial.
    Otherwise beginners will fall in trouble xD ;)
  • Harford
    Offline / Send Message
    Great, thanks gazu. I will make an ammendment to the vireo for this if it was difficult to figure out. I will always try to put as much tips and relevant info into my videos and explain what I am doing.
    Thanks again for purchasing , much more to come. :)
  • Gazu
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 11
    Maybe it would be cool to make a zBrush Rock Sculpt Tutorial.
    I know that there are a lot of Videos out on YouTube, but 1 good Videos, with maybe different techniques and brushes to reach different rock styles.

4-5 different Rocks or maybe RockWalls, made with different brushes to demonstrate totaly different looks of rocks :)

Yeah that would be cool ;)