Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyborgs n Stuff

nelson_press
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
nelson_press polycounter lvl 6
cekzcym.jpg

I really like this kind of stuff Battle Angel, Ghost in the shell; at least I used to. that kind of stuff doesn't seem to be very popular in Japan though (at least as far as I know).

feed back appreciated.

Replies

• nelson_press
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow that's so ... wow ...

v8O3Btx.jpg

my tablet broke, and my computer was being ... well ... upgraded ...
    so i didnt have anytihng ot do any art work with for a while :S

thus lack of progress

thought that studying things like this might help me improve

at first i thought that the color was orange but then it occured to me the color of anything is not often the color of anything ... well ... appears. the color of what things appears can be heavily influenced by their environment, by things and lights in their environment

ummm ... i still have trouble with coloring things T_T
  • osed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    osed polycounter lvl 4
  • nelson_press
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wish i could take credit

WzExFfB.jpg

hmmm ... ive gotten pretty rusty. seem to recall being faster and better at this (not that i was very good to begin with) such as what occurs if your putting in 40 hours in survival job T_T i get maybe 4-5 hours in the day to do as i please. how do you organize your time?

prioritize what's important to you and just do that?
  • cgmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cgmonkey polycounter lvl 18
    How do you organize your time?

1) Use all your other time to think about what to do, how to do it and solve all the problems while you're not in front of the computer.

2) Know exactly what you're doing when you sit down in front of the computer.

3) Be happy. Meditate. Exercise. Try not to resent not being able to sit in front of the computer more.

The picture?

Coming along nicely. You're definitely doing the right thing. Don't solve ALL the problems with every piece. So you're using Appleseed design (you should be more explicit what element you do use though!) and focusing on the technical aspects. Next piece should be about design, and not so much technical.

BUT -- basics. You're a novice, you should be doing very basic stuff (practice perspective).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] triangle
    Its Briareos from Appleseed. A re-imagining of the Hekatonkheires. Nice drawing though.
  • nelson_press
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fQggc9t.jpg

bla bla bla studying
    yadda yadda yadda become better artist
    so on and so forth how to improve

i feel like a broken record

feedback is appreciated
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    When I look at your drawing, the forms are well-rounded and volumetric. It seems like you've got it all figured out, but the rendering is needlessly complex, in my eyes. You could apply broader, 1-touch strokes that should do the same job of 100 small ones, and more. Have a look at Drew Morrow's rendering.
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~drew1/blah/public_html/Pwny.htm
    (remove the prefix to get to his homepage)
  • Fatmoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice man! Are you planning on lighting it?