Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My work thread

gloriousczar
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
gloriousczar polycounter lvl 6
Hey all,

I figured I should probably start a thread to get some feedback on stuff I'm working on and maybe I'll be motivated to actually work haha.

I have the head I started the other day. I'm still thinking of what to do for a character though.

femalehead.jpg

Here's a rock I posted somewhere else

rawk.jpg

And lastly, this plane I've been working on slooooooowly for months, I put it down for a while then work on it for a day or two but get distracted by other things. I'm thinking of just scrapping the inside of the cockpit because I'm taking longer than I'd like on it but I'm not sure.

mustang31.jpg

mustang32.jpg

mustang33.jpg

mustang34.jpg

mustang37.jpg

mustang38.jpg

Anyways, all c&c is appreciated, thanks for your time!

Replies

• KazeoHin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KazeoHin polycounter lvl 8
    I'm liking this. Try to diversify! The more stuff you try, the more we can comment and help. I can't say much for criticism right now, but keep the thread updated.
  • gloriousczar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KazeoHin: Thanks! I'm definitely going to try and do more stuff out of my comfort zone. I was looking at my portfolio and there's a lot of hard surface stuff in there so I need to practice modelling different things.

Quick update on the head, I retopo'd it and tried to define the planes more, especially around the eyes. Getting there I think.

femaleheadv2.jpg
  • gloriousczar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was looking through pinterest (really great resource btw for finding inspiration, I just found out about that website) and I found this concept I really like, so I plan on doing this character. FA_BHW_PAWN_V1_1200.jpg The concept is by Fernando Acosta, his website is here - http://cargocollective.com/facosta/Project-Bounty-Hunter-Wars - there is some pretty awesome stuff in there!

I think I'm done the head unless there is any critiques or anything I could improve on.

femaleheadv3.jpg

I also started doing the body, here is where I'm at so far. The head is super rough and I've been using it just for determining proportions and head heights, I plan on just using the head I sculpted with all the details and stuff for the character. I feel like I'm struggling with the pelvic area on the front and the scapula on the back side though.

femalefullbody.jpg

femalebody.jpg

Here's my main ref for the body

femalebodyref.jpg
  • gloriousczar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying to paint the skin. It's been challenging trying to get nice colour variation without looking too splotchy and uneven.

headpaint.jpg