Home General Discussion

Intuos 5 or Pro

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Zack Maxwell interpolator
I'm looking at getting an Intuos Medium, but I'm not sure if I should get the 5 or the Pro.
The price difference between the two as far as I've seen is fairly negligible (like $15), but the Pro doesn't seem to have any actual improvements over the 5 as far I've found other than the automatically included wireless kit. I won't even be using the wireless functions though.
Anyone know what the Pro actually improves on, if anything?

Replies

• Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    They are basically the same thing. Wacom did a rebrand/name shuffle... The intuos 5 line is now known as the Intuos PRO line... the old Bamboo line is now known as the Intuos line... they just added an additional lower priced entry tablets to take over the bamboo line.

So basically they are the exact same tablet just with the name brand and name reshuffle applied. I would probably go with the PRO so you get the wireless kit for not much more in terms of cost.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would get literally zero use out of the wireless kit, though. I'm just using it on my desktop, and the medium is too big to use effectively while holding.
    If they're basically the same aside from that, I'd definitely lean toward the 5.
  • Brandon.LaFrance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brandon.LaFrance polycount sponsor
    I may be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure the buttons on the 5 are actually just a touch sensitive surface, where the Pro has actual physical buttons. The physical buttons are much easier to work with.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, I was under the impression that the 5 buttons were simply covered by a vinyl-type surface. If they really are touch, that would make the Pro worth it.