Home Contests & Challenges Archives Petrol/Blood

PETROL/BLOOD - Dave & JHax

Dave Jr
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
Ok, so were kinda late to the party but thought we'd give it a shot anyway. After seeing all the great work produced decided it would be a great kick up the ass to produce a new portfolio piece as well as learn a lot about PBR along the way!

My contribution will be an attractive female Sci-fi character (not overly done), a huge learning curve; I've never finished a female character and they definitely havent ever looked feminine so fingers crossed!

Moodboard space:
(Will upload when I find),but alot of it is from inspired from sci-fi flicks, prometheus, elysium, edge of tomorrow - but I want to create my own concept from this :)

Heres my curent WIP: (CRITS appreciated before I upload my Armour designs tomorrow!) Hair is placeholder, haven't yet decided on what I want.

yxph8sC.jpg

Nq4j5pZ.jpg

Cheers for looking!

Replies

• Dave Jr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • JHax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JHax null
    Hello polycounters :) I will be creating the vehicle for the character Dave is making, I started by silhouetting designs until Dave and I were happy with a design.

7J3jgJql.jpg
    U0hPOB6l.jpg
    HgTQw66l.jpg

After Dave and I choose a design we both liked I made a moodboard to help concept.

rIOrEokl.jpg

I then jumped into 3ds max to play around with designs and blocked out a vehicle shape we liked.

6q6yAJgl.jpg

Any crit is welcome I want to make this vehicle badass.

I am currently starting to go over what I've made and make it look better and add detailing.
  • jeebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeebs polycounter lvl 11
    the character looks sweet already, I think I would only make her legs a bit longer.
    The vehicle also looks great, the only thing that I would change is the place for the gun, it just pops out too much currently in my opinion, perhaps it would be better to have a gun on top of the vehicle, above her. waiting for more!
  • Dave Jr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Jeebs

Cheers for the crit on the character man, did a quick check on head/body proportions, she was only at 7 heads height anyway so i've made the legs longer! cheers for that, it adds alot more femininity!

Keep the crits coming!
  • JHax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JHax null
    Thanks jeebs, from other feedback I will be removing the large gun and making some medium sided ones to slot into or hang onto to the left and right parts that are on the front under the nose of the vehicle.

Will post more WIPs as I have them :) keep the crits coming!
  • JHax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JHax null
    Done some small changes, playing around with what the guns will be, going to start thinking about panelling, bolts and other details to make it look more interesting.

remsUy2.png

Crits are welcome :)
  • jeebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeebs polycounter lvl 11
    this looks much better! great work so far
  • Turbo889
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Turbo889 polycounter lvl 6
    Got some good stuff going on here, can't wait to see more!