Home Unity

Skinned cloth renderers

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
MikeF polycounter lvl 19
So i'm messing around with the skinned cloth renderer component for a small effect on multiple npc's. i've managed to get things working well so that i can have about 30 onscreen with not much of a performance hit (each element is less than 100 verts i'd say).

However i'm now getting some errors that i cant find much information on:
PhysicsSDK: NpScene::setGravity: WriteLock is still acquired. Procedure call skipped to avoid a deadlock!
PhysicsSDK: NpCloth::setExternalAcceleration: WriteLock is still acquired. Procedure call skipped to avoid a deadlock!

Most of the time this doesnt cause any issues aside from the error messages in the console, but on occasion it does freeze the editor. This only occurs if there are multiple instances of a skinned cloth renderer component in the scene (note all the instances are pooled from start up so there's no runtime instantiation going on)

I know the physX implementation is pretty lowsy in unity, but does anyone have a clue about a possible workaround until unity5 launches?

This is a minor detail in the scope of the project but it would be awesome to have in there!

edit: forgot to mention i've also tried activating the component after startup aswell as the individual gravity and external acceleration variables to no avail

Replies