Home Contests & Challenges Archives UT Master Challenge: Concept Art

UTMC - Mid Tech / Industrial

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Bansheesix polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys. This i my first time on polycount. A friend sent me the challenge and I couldn't resist.

So I will post a lot of stuff and closer to the due date I will pick something and finish it up.

I'm gonna try a few different techiques. Ill pick what works best.

For now, I spent most of the day making the two attachments below. One is a flag room (for a CTF scenario) and the other just a regular hall. Ill post the thumnails if it interests anyone

Replies

• kevlarorc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice! I like the atmosphere in these. The light shafts and particulate in the air really sell the look.
  • Bansheesix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Berg625
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bansheesix wrote: »
    Hi guys. This i my first time on polycount. A friend sent me the challenge and I couldn't resist.

So I will post a lot of stuff and closer to the due date I will pick something and finish it up.

I'm gonna try a few different techiques. Ill pick what works best.

For now, I spent most of the day making the two attachments below. One is a flag room (for a CTF scenario) and the other just a regular hall. Ill post the thumnails if it interests anyone

Agreed. liking the atmosphere.
  • Delofasht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The first two look like exactly the kind of angles and areas I'd expect in Unreal, the outdoor one seems a bit less like one though. I believe it has something to do with the shape language. I do like the feeling of the spatial relationships and sense of scale, however, and think your work on designing these is great.

I really am going to have to try to up my speed, still on my first one! :lol:
  • Bansheesix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha thanks delo. Im not liking the outside thing either. I think you might have put you finger on the problem. Ill go do more thumbnails, i think i tried to stick to the industrial part and kind of forgot it was for an Unreal game. Hehe
  • Bansheesix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tried an other little thing, maybe an other part of the level. I was thinking this could be a higher section because its cleaner.

Edit: played with flag room again, added photos to the last thing I posted see if i could find interesting things. I need a break, I can think.