Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ArchViz Environment - NIght Scene

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
xXm0RpH3usXx polycounter lvl 13
Hey guys,

my teacher told me to do some environment, so I rendered out a concept of a friend of mine who studies architecture.
Its modeled in Max, rendered in Vray.

Today was the deadline and I would love some honest criticism.

I know the composition is shi***, but thats the best shot I could come up with.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• xXm0RpH3usXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    geez, i'm on page 4 in 24 hours already... is it that bad? common, please, whats wrong, why does nobody ever care for my artwork? Is it that bad?

I want to get better, please tell me what to focus on...
    I mean, this project is done, so I probably wont change anything, but I would love to get some feedback how I did, so I can implement that in the next piece.
  • xXm0RpH3usXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nono, thank you for your input, it takes considerably more time to write something like this than just "thumbing up"

1) actually, this is plannes out by a friend of mine, who studies architecture, i only visualised this thing.

2.) Actually, this is a displacement map you see. I will model something like this next time, you are right. I didnt quite get the right settings on this one, in retrospective, thank you!

3.) I tried to mimic the ambience light coming from a busy city at night. Doesnt the yellow light drag the eye through the picture? Wouldnt other lightsources distract from that?

4.) I asked that material was planned, i dont know the english word for it, but its very smooth concrete. I didnt want to make it look to worn. I will think about what to do in these cases.

Thank you for taking your time! :)
  • Envart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Envart polycounter lvl 6
    You don't need to make it look worn, but everything has some form of grime, dust and dirt.
    The crevices of the concrete path are too dark, are you using black or near black in your diffuse texture?
    I like the image, but I think it needs detail and more believable materials.