Home Contests & Challenges Archives Petrol/Blood

PETROL/BLOOD - Ryan Smith

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Ryan Smith polycounter lvl 11
Figured i'd give this a shot.

here's some concept ideas i've been sketching out. I'm going for one of those Big Single Wheel ideas. I think they're fun!

kAVoEbA.jpg

Haven't really explored any character ideas yet.

Replies

• Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Looks like the Lambda logo from Half life 2.... and there's three..isn't that the same color orange... HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.

OK seriously though, sweet sketches. I really think these are all cool. Especially the first and third.

Subscribed!
  • Bbox85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bbox85 polycounter lvl 9
    Awesome dude! Love these types of vehicles. Looking forward to seeing more on this.
  • JamesMeader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesMeader polycounter lvl 9
    Really cool design!
  • Ryan Smith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got some blocking out done tonight. Working on getting some interesting shapes and edge flow.

9OcIZRQ.jpg
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    sweeeeet! Those cuuuurves! :) What detailing/rendering style are you going with? :)
  • Ryan Smith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank, Tor!

For detailing I was thinking about adding some accessories to the vehicle to make it seem like this was a sports vehicle that was retro-fitted for combat, so i'll be adding some reinforced plating and metal roll cages here and there. For rendering i'm going to go as realisitic as possible. Standard PBR stuff.

Probably a car paint shader with some decals for the red sections.

The materials i'll be using will most likely be Carbon Steel, Steel/Titanium, Plastic, Rubber, some other things.

Do you have any suggestions?
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Great start Ryan. The blockout is sweet, as Tor said... those curves.

The gun on the side would only pop out in combat I take it? Doesn't reinforce the idea of a retrofitted sports car as much, and the straight up cylindrical shape seems a bit of a contrast to the curves all around it.

I like the idea and the first pass, going to be fun to watch :).
  • s6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s6 polycounter lvl 10
    Looking good man! Really curious to see how this develops. If you get a chance i'd love to see some wires :)
  • Ryan Smith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As requested, here are some wires!

Hey Kary! Good to hear from you man!
    Yeah the retrofitting thing doesn't fit in well with what i have here at all, lol. I want to find a way to build in some turrets and some missiles while still looking pretty sleek and cool, but for added interest, tack on things like armor and sensors and other things like that to boost whatever the hell would be useful to the pilot!

1sDKuPX.jpg?1
  • toby.rutter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toby.rutter polycounter lvl 7
    I really like the forms you've got going on already. Whats the blockout looking like from the front and have you give any thought as to how the driver sees where he's going?
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    No suggestions from me, that sounded like what I was hoping for! :) Rock on!