Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Uncharted Environment

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
3DKyle interpolator
Hey all,

I have started my summer and thought I will use this forum to show the process as well as get feedback to better myself.
The concept I have chosen for this is the Yemen Temple concept.

yemtem2.jpg

I'm hoping with this project to better myself in environment work as well as the main one being texturing.
This is currently what I have to show, any early feedback will be great, the angle is different but there is 3 of the small temples on the side.

Untitled.png

Replies

• Xsim1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xsim1 polycounter lvl 4
    This is a nice concept : ) Subscribed to your post, I want to see future updates of this scene.
  • Benkeeling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benkeeling polycounter lvl 10
    Good Start, but your proportions and scaling are way off at the moment, Try using perspective match in Max.
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Not a bad start, but you've gone too wide, I don't see the inner step on the drawing for the inner pool, it'll be stronger being more like the drawing. (Shows you can stick to direction/concept). Hard to tell from the drawing, but if the trim on the wall matched the trim on the ball shapes, it'll look better. (Looks bad where the wall trim intersects the ball shape.) The back wall doesn't have a squared off door frame; it comes to a point. (study some Arabic architecture) The proportions on the main center temple need to be shortened, columns thickened, and I think you're loosing a lot of the mood by not having the stairwell be decrepit. Good luck.
  • 3DKyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DKyle interpolator
    Thanks guys, I'm pretty bad at scaling another thing I hope this will help me improve on.

@Benkeeling - I am using Maya not max.

@Pixelpatron - thanks for all the feedback will use the feedback, I have looked into the architecture around Yemen and got some reference but I will try add more. Thinking of blocking in the sand too.
  • Poinball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poinball polycounter lvl 6
    Nice concept man !

juste one thing to suggest in your blocking , i think the backgound behind the building is looking very much bigger and far in the concept.