Home Contests & Challenges Archives Petrol/Blood

PETROL/BLOOD – PyrZern

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
I believe this is going to be my first time getting serious with making any sort of vehicle O o' This gonna be fun!

So the idea I have is..... 'Hoverbike' !!
With big heavy engines in style of fictional industrialized era. Not exactly steampunk, but something of that sort. Heavy, crude, thick, dirty metal and steel. Big rivets and screws. Nothing shiny here. Details about the pilot to come!

Here's a ref board.
YRK6rhu.jpg

The first diorama will be before the match, with the pilot giving a big V.
The second diorama will be the crash-landing site on a hill or something ;P With the bike halfway buried under the sand. And the pilot lying nearby ^^

Quick block-out in Maya. Looking for basic shape and silhouette. Will start adding big pieces like main engines and pipes and armor plates and stuff. Then replace those ugly blocky boxes :) The pilot is placeholder atm.

Replies

• Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Hey, looking cool. I like the medium-level shapes. Lots to play around with on the larger details too. This should be fun and nostalgic to see, I remember there was a jetmoto-inspired contest here a while back. Very tempting and satisfying genre. (:
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Hoverbikes are badass! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys :) I'm quite excited about this and would love to make a badass hoverbike.

Testing ideas for the pilot. Gonna be a girl (again !)
    DVpJ0G3.jpg
  • naky1000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2nd row 2nd concept it pretty cool...however I like the top row 3rd one aswell, maybe coz she has hairs & a sexy pantie!
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh, thanks man. Gotta admit I had no clue what I was thinking sketching those 'outfits'. I will make em work somehow !!!

Blocked in more of the hoverbike. I moved the vertical propellers more forward. Got that diesel engine-looking thing in there. And added twin tails.

10329931_10152478081490115_8613661190973429569_o.jpg
  • Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaragoth polycounter lvl 8
    Hey Pyr! Nice to see you doing something for this! :)

I had something similar in mind, but had to quickly realize I need way more practice first before I try anything like a contest :D Looking forward to how your vision of this turns out.

If you're going for something with sand, maybe some kind of cloth wraps and a kind of half-cloak? (See Destiny stuff for example)

I really like the legs on the 3rd one, top row. Also the idea of some kind of helmet with hair showing below it and waving in the wind below the rim? ;)
  • vtrmoura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    really nice references and the main shape is looking sexy, also remember me a unreal tournament vehicle, maybe you can use it as reference for something :)
    Unreal_tournament_3_manta.png
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Xaragoth I hope you would jump in on this contest too :( But thanks for your support ! I will flesh out more ideas about the pilot next.

@vtrmoura That concept is such a sexy beast there ! I will see if I can borrow some of its design ^^

And another update. This is so much fun :P I drew 2-3 sketches for the shapes of the bike. Then turned out I used both designs <_<" Will make the leg parts of the bike a little bigger, and maybe raised higher.
    7c5de297cf7aded616e1cc79aeb136c0.jpg
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Sweet!

Small critique: The pilot will likely be exhausted from riding this vehicle for extended periods of time without something to rest their upper body on. Any way you can work in some functionality to the vehicle where there is a padded abdomen or chest plate for them to lean in to?
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @adam Thanks man. That's solid idea to have something for her to lean on. I will work it out somehow. Methink.

I spent more times on the 3 most interesting costumes from earlier. I picked this one :) Are those harem pants ? I do not know ! I will add belts and buckles later!
    ZN5lAKN.jpg
  • Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    While I always approve of sexy, I think in this case you shouldn't do it. From experience I can tell you that it hurts like a bitch if anything hits exposed skin at high speed :P Otherwise I really like it. Can see where it goes.

I agree with adam on this. Try to create a place where your pilot lady can rest her legs, I doubt lying like that and being shaken through by the bike is comfortable :P

If I would participate, I'd have to get 3 extra months to brush up my hard-surface skills ;)
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good point !

Started on the pilot today. Used basemesh from Badking for this. Tweaked her around a bit and cleaned her up. Sketching her costume cuz I can't draw <_<"

10462384_10152482726840115_1509033876429888021_o.jpg
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More ref for her leggings.
    C2100SP_0223.jpg
    img7.jpg
  • Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I kinda dislike the ass-flap you got going. Maybe rather extend the darker shirt part to a kind of cloak? Thinking typical sorceresses in RPGs here.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130104145619/warhammeronline/images/1/1c/Dark_Elf_Sorceress.png

Something like that, but just shorter. Also gives you something that can flap a bit in the wind :D

Her legs seem very big for your average female person and the face looks a bit alien at the moment.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Totally man. Last night I made further adjustment and the ass flap was totally removed :P I also slimmed her down in general as well. Definitely gonna spend more time on her face.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of hard surfacing atm <_<'
  • Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the links man ;) I'm slowly getting the hang of this. I hope :P

Made a few more clothing variations. This one here is the best of the 3 I made. Still not done brainstorming yet.
    10410518_10152486299385115_2228627095339414646_n.jpg?oh=8a8ae0469f1f1e4afdb6c102e7e370b7&oe=54296EE5&__gda__=1410528499_5e7f68baecf7546773e7682b16fc84b2
  • Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm still not quite sure where you want to go with those pants. Right now they don't really seem to give much of a visual impression of what you want to do with them.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And, I'm back. I pulled a neck muscle and had to recover for a few days <_<"

Anyhow, you're right, I'm not sure what to do with her pants yet... Trying to come up with cool tops atm.
    10431210_10152499225150115_6759380158039413972_o.jpg
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Ape_Errata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good buddy.
  • Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the idea of the cloak, but I feel it's attachment is super unlogical and unpractical. It should probably go to both shoulders or you do the shawl style from for example prince of persia.

Mask is good and spares you from having to rework a lot of that face :P

Pants are still wonky as hell in their concept. What is this, thigh-high socks? ;D

I'd consider making the flappy bits you got going on the legs into a full half-cloak-pants-thing. Should look much better.

Front of the top should probably be a bit further down, since it's curve is very weird. More of a biker jacket, less underboobage.

That's what I got for you today! :)
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys :)

Her half cape idea comes from Assassin's Creed and Lightning in FFXIII. I will play around with it more though. I think those are stockings she's wearing, doesn't look like it yet :P

This here is the idea for her tops. Not very biker-like.
    c1b1fcd538edc75bd435b3801211c0b7.jpg

Remade her arm wraps. And Rave up her makeup O o' She's still missing a few belts and straps though. Remade her gaiters as well.
    10478413_10152506862570115_3168022552300311164_o.jpg

Oh, and here's my progress with the Hoverbike.
    9d1dc7ee94853e6dba877ff87935ddc5.jpg
  • Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *stares at the bike rotation* STAPH. I WANT TO SEE YA TOPOLOGY YOU INFERNAL MACHINE!

I'm still totally not sold on these one-sided cloth pieces with no other attachments, because I imagine them to be super annoying to wear.