Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Critque - JamesArk

JamesArk
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
JamesArk polycounter lvl 10
Hey everybody,

Looking to get some feedback/advice on my portfolio and everything about it (layout, art, resume). Honest opinions are sincerely appreciated, and thanks for taking the time :thumbup:

www.jamesa.ca

Replies

• mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    Hi James, I think your site is good, it's nice and simple and straight forward, which I think is what most people like in a portfolio site. My only concerns are 1: I'm really not a fan of that font at all and 2: everything looks a bit big in terms of screen real estate. I think having the work thumbnails that large is down to you personal preference, but I don't think having your name take up a 3rd of the page or your email and linked in button be so large is necessary, it looks like I've zoomed in on my browser. Apart from that, looks good!
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I'm gonna have to agree with the font thing...it's pretty awful right now. Stick with something simple and professional and make it smaller so ur thumbnails are all visible when you load up the page. Also, all of your work seems way too clean. I think all of your textures could use another pass. For the scifi room scene, i think one of your chairs is floating...unless that is intentional which doesn't make sense to me. While I like your scenes, I think focusing on smaller props and doing a better texture job would help you more. You can certainly polish everything in all your scenes to get the best result, but that would obviously take much longer.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    font is kinda dorky. Everything else is tight.
  • Nam.Nguyen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nam.Nguyen polycounter lvl 9
    Font, icons too large, the gaps between front page images is too much too. when I click to resume, it didn't show me anything but a download dialogue

your hi-poly could be more appearing with another material and lights setup, for now, they look a bit blurry

overall look good, just need some adjustments

• JamesArk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesArk polycounter lvl 10
    Much appreciated @ everybody. Going to make a bunch of revisions over the weekend and dive into new, better textured props.