Home General Discussion

Games or content apps ???

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Belias polycounter lvl 14
Hello, i was wondering, would making content apps like the following be of more value than game apps? I'm asking revenue-wise.

- how to use the fire extinguisher
- how to cook rice
- how to keep nails health

Replies

• passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    well it says on a extinguisher how to use it, and i would hope in the case of a fire people arent fucking around on there phones.

Rice is one google away, and most have it down to memory for there fav kind

and google solves this one too.
  • SanderDL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    I think people are more willing to pay for an app upfront if it's a very usefull tool rather than pay upfront for a game. But the examples you give don't seem very usefull.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Dang man, with your degrees I'd figure you'd be working on something cutting edge and ground breaking rather than quick money schemes. If you can't think of something new at least 3D Printing, consumer drones & VR are still in the early years.

I mean, you've got 3d knowledge and apparently a degree in mechanical engineering and programming, it's like you're tailor made for the 3D printing industry.
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Belias polycounter lvl 14
    justin Meisse, I will be working on something ground breaking, but not before gathering a lot of opinions about all fields, I'm employed as a game developer and happy with my job, it pays more than mechatronics Eng in jordan, also, i didn't get graduated yet, only one semester left... thanks for your feedback.