Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Composition of a hydra

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
redcap polycounter lvl 11
I am doing a personal boardgame project and need to place a Hydra on a 4inch x 4inch square. Getting the hydra's composition correct has been a pain in the neck. (No pun intended... see cause hydras have lots of... ohh nevermind)

Anyways, I would love any feedback I could get specifically about composition. The image is very very rough, but would appreciate any thoughts/critique on anything.

Thanks.

Replies

• OFPismySOP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OFPismySOP polycounter lvl 6
    The balance is a bit off. If the drawing could be moved to the upper right hand corner a bit it would fit better on the image (at least to me).

Making the hydra head that is lunging towards the viewer more contrasted would help identify it a little bit more. As it is right now I appears to be just a part of the hydra's body. It's a rough draft so it's not a finished product but I think it would do well with that in the end.

Looks great though! I'm liking the eyes; very expressive. Looking forward to the finished image!
  • redcap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    redcap polycounter lvl 11
    I love the feedback, and have done what you said. It does feel a lot more balanced, but I am still working on some things. Here is my current wip.
  • huezang6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I understand what you are saying but I think there should be more comments regarding the threat that was initially started so that the pool of thoughts is attracted. Regards.