Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Almighty Bhaazmundi

Hi Polycount! I've been lurking for like two years now and I think today is gonna be "that day".

This is an original game character I made for my portfolio. His name is Bhaazmundi. He is the younger brother of the 2 "Cosmogenic Siblings" and is the god of wrathful envy, the creator of the sun, and the father of humanity. All that gaze upon him shall kneel before his glory!

Anyway, most of my inspiration for this dude came from staring at old antique furniture.

Modeled mostly in Zbrush and rendered with the almighty power of Unreal 4. (This was my first physically-based rendered project). I have plans to model his older sister at some point in my life.

G2R9Mwk.jpg
lmZCZ4R.jpg

Replies

• Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    It's really beautiful. You said this was a game character? It looks like millions of polys. My only quip is that the skin is getting washed out because of the gold. Maybe it needs a tad more saturation or it could go even more pale but have some color variation that contrasts better.
  • Zerari
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Definitely see what you mean. The "skin" is actually white marble. I did receive a similar critique earlier though, so I'll consider doing something with that. Thank you!

It's only about 20k polys total. Here are wires:
    s6pqG5r.jpg
    LP8Fo9I.jpg