Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] AC3 Environment

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
JordanLeigh polycounter lvl 9
Hi all,

Thought I'd have a go at an environment in UE4, first time using it so planning on learning a lot.

Here's the concept I'm following

d6LpcON.jpg

And here's my block-out (cropped to help match the concept)

pVbVS3A.jpg

I know I'm early on in the process, just thought I'd start posting, might as well start getting feedback early if I can.

Also, does anybody have any idea what's on the right wall that can barely be seen? The lower wall panels seem to stop and there seems to be something large around the centre of it :/

Thanks in advance, and I'll keep posting my progress :)

Replies

• DWalker
    The right wall seems to have a doorway.

The wainscoting isn't nearly as thick as you have it. The shelf exists only in front of the windows, which are recessed from the walls. The individual panels do NOT align evenly with the windows. On the left window, the divide is in the middle of the window, while on the right the division is slightly after the window frame. The window is also only a bit wider than one panel, not 2 - probably somewhere around 1.25-1.5 times the width of a panel.
  • JordanLeigh
    Offline / Send Message
    DWalker wrote: »

The wainscoting isn't nearly as thick as you have it. The shelf exists only in front of the windows, which are recessed from the walls. The individual panels do NOT align evenly with the windows. On the left window, the divide is in the middle of the window, while on the right the division is slightly after the window frame. The window is also only a bit wider than one panel, not 2 - probably somewhere around 1.25-1.5 times the width of a panel.

What do you mean by the wainscoating being to thick? Do you mean how wide the panels are, or the bevels on the centre extruding to much?
  • Abdullah
    DWalker wrote: »

its kinda not clear, but i think the right wall has a candle stand. not a door.:)

As for the block out looks good :thumbup:
  • JordanLeigh
    Offline / Send Message
    Abdullah wrote: »
    its kinda not clear, but i think the right wall has a candle stand. not a door.:)

As for the block out looks good :thumbup:

Cheers, its kinda hard to replicate the perspective, and yeh i think it might be a candle holder now you mention it
  • JordanLeigh
    Offline / Send Message
    Tried sorting out the windows abit, not removed the ledge from the wainscoting yet. Really want to get the proportions right, I think it looks okay :/ just the right window looks futher to the right in the concept

2fLYXVl.jpg
  • JordanLeigh
    Offline / Send Message
    Been away on holiday so I'm going to get back on track with this. First off I posted this in tech section but got no responses. Anybody have any ideas?

" Hey guys. Just a quick question. I'm texturing a wall, but there is hardly and normal map detail in lit mode? Yet when I go into detail lighting mode, it shows up like I want. IS there anyway to get this detail when in lit mode? Or is it something to do with my crappy lighting at the moment. "

HLeRb8U.jpg

Aq4jcuc.jpg
  • JPomeisl
    Offline / Send Message
    JPomeisl polycounter lvl 3
    on the right wall - it's an exposed beam with a candle holder/stand + candle (like the ones from the left side). the green patch(maybe paint?), again on right wall, is probably to show the wall paper stopping, and the wall itself being damaged and dirty.
  • JordanLeigh
    Offline / Send Message
    Any opinions on the normals on the wall?
  • Nemecys
    Offline / Send Message
    Nemecys polycounter lvl 9
    Looks to me like the walls roughness value might be so low that its hard to read light on it properly, Try upping the roughness, if that doesn't work , be sure to work with a pointlight near you so you can see how light affects it,

Also just check how it looks in the Material Viewer, its a bit more accurate now, so you should get very similar results :)

Looks great so far dude :D