Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female anatomy practise

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Amaury polycounter lvl 7
Hi guys, i'm doing my first full body anatomy work in Zbrush, I may add clothes and do a finished posed game-ready character, still got to choose a concept, I was thinking about a good old sci fi Mass Effect-like armor, since I suck at hard surface sculpting

Anyway, crits appreciated !

1400469925-anatomy.jpg

Replies

• Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Hey!
    I'm really not the best for paintovers and anatomical critics since I have so much to learn still myself but here's a quick paintover I did for yah.
    In general seems like the biggest issue is ''transitions'' you want to hit those landmarks but you do it a little bit too abruptly. try to bring your curves in a more subtle manners.
    Otherwise her breast looks a bit ''square'' at the moment, plus naturally they don't really hold that close from each other, just get some good references, those are not bad one to look for either haha!

9hizB6e.png

cheers!
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Unless she's currently wearing invisible push-up bra, or you know, powersuit. Otherwise let gravity take care of those bosoms.
  • Amaury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amaury polycounter lvl 7
    Quick update, added back view

1400485939-zbrush-document.jpg
  • drysider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    drysider polycounter lvl 9
    Her natural waist is very low down, and her breasts look more like you're trying to sculpt male pectoral muscles. Remember that breasts aren't made of muscle, they're sacks of fat, as unsexy as that is. They have weight to them, like a water balloon, and will sag against the rib cage. They should be more of an ellipsis shape, but her breasts seem like together they're trying to form a more rectangular shape, like a man's pecs. I guess it doesn't really matter since she'll be covered with the armour but just remember that breasts hang from the pectorals, they aren't shaped along them.

As well, women have very high defined natural waists/top of the hips that starts in the middle of the stomach, between the bottom of the rib cage and belly button. In your sculpt, she has very low hips that start at her belly button itself, making her torso appear very long. Also makes her rib cage appear quite narrow... she might look a bit better if you widen it out a little.

Besides those, she's not looking too bad! Like already said, women have much subtler transitions in body shape than men do, you really have to push those flowing curves rather than abrupt shapes.
  • Amaury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amaury polycounter lvl 7
    I changed a few things

1400514133-zbrush-document2.jpg
  • Amaury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amaury polycounter lvl 7
    1400745439-wipwipwipwipwipwipwip.jpg

I started to work on the clothing