Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anatomy Practice (Nite)

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
Greetings and Salutations;

I am going to be using thread to load my anatomy practice in zbrush.

Feel free to comment / critique / suggest any tips, if you feel the need to do so.

Kind regards

nWGAxns.jpg

Replies

• DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Valerien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Nitewalkr,
    This looks like a nice start. However, if you wish to practice anatomy, I'd recommend really working on the rough structure of the body and muscular masses: clearly separating the muscle groups, bony landmarks... because right now, I feel like you are doing simply a clean portrait. The hair really aren't important as well.

Here's a quick overdraw to highlight some features that I think are off, anatomically speaking, on your first character:
    WqlY3e0.jpg

Good luck going forward!
    Nathan
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iYIN2BA.jpg

@Valerien; Thank you for your input, perhaps it looks like I am working on portrait because I have used the different mat for it. I should've sticked with the gray. And I agree, you are right, I should / will be breaking these down in to muscles and bony structures to study it thoroughly.
  • Vertrucio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio greentooth
    The upper lip and the shape above it is off. Remember that behind the upper lip and under the nose is a solid bone shape called the maxilla, which the top row of teeth is also attached to. The shape of it is a parabola, and generally rounds up that area.

The point at which it becomes a landmark on the surface of the face, well you can basically take a sphere and place it right in the middle of the mouth to represent the mandible and maxilla coming together along with teeth.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio wrote: »
    The upper lip and the shape above it is off. Remember that behind the upper lip and under the nose is a solid bone shape called the maxilla, which the top row of teeth is also attached to. The shape of it is a parabola, and generally rounds up that area.

The point at which it becomes a landmark on the surface of the face, well you can basically take a sphere and place it right in the middle of the mouth to represent the mandible and maxilla coming together along with teeth.

So maxilla is another land mark. Are talking about both male and female image?
  • Vertrucio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio greentooth
    Less so on the male, but it's pronounced too much on the female.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Recent_Update:

OJRO2Jl.jpg
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Recent Practice:

RJnBoUi.jpg
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some shading practice (face only.)

Xlj5rce.jpg

NOTE: I am know that I will have to make it over and over again for practice. This piece was just to figure out the shading.
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Hey man, can easily see improvement throughtout the sculpts man. Keep going

Id check the musculature on that male anatomy sculpt, there are quite a few things that are off, like the abdmonials, the obliques, the serrati, the traps, the erecti muscles of the back,etc. Check out a good anatomy reference and try to match it as much as you can.

Keep rockin!
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you butt_sahib;

Here is my recent.

13BCSs8.jpg

EDIT: It is still WIP; I was trying to make an impression of scapula that are under the teras.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Recent:
    tZvWlhN.jpg

EDIT: Critiques are welcome and expected.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    getting better, but have a think about how the abdominals actually connect to the ribcage.
    anmfv1-1-3scale_000.jpg

Your pectoral muscles have a strangely square shape along the bottom, they could do with being a little more rounded.

Comparing this with your latest sculpt, you can see that although yes there is a rectus abdominis directly below the pectoral, it's covered in a layer of fatty protective tissue and runs directly along the end of the ribcage.

The trunk of the body is about the right width until you hit the external obliques, at which point your guy takes on a very feminine shape (from the front view). from the 3/4 view both the obliques and the ribcage come out a little too far forward.

Your back muscles are coming along. but an important thing to bear in mind is that there isn't really a "dip" between the deltoid and scapula like you've sculpted, and that the back muscles really overlap quite heavily onto the upper arm making it a very smooth transition.

Have done a little paintover:
    72fZeK7.png

the side view i've just done some general angles you should be looking for in the torso.
  • Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    The insection of the pectoralis clavical head into the deltoid is a bit off. It doesnt grab on to the biceps but flow unter the deltoid clavial head (almighty_girs pic shows this clearly). Also the belly area is different. unter the pec you get the bow of the ribcage which forms the upper boarder for the 2x2 pack of abs. The lower boarder is right around the hight of the smallest point of his hip. in this area you find 4 aps which are not symmetrical. below that (from the smallest point of the hip downward to the pelvic area) is one big ab muscle. Also very visible on almighty_girs pic...if this was understandable^^.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am still having problems with teras and I am not certain if I have followed up on the previous CNC 100% but this is the most recent one:

SlM4wok.jpg

CNC is welcome like always.