Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Silence!

37C3DBF08DBDA16F9DAFD43CD6652D3013B663A0

Just shamelessly trying to get more up votes ><
Also, getting that post count up :)

Here'es the steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249398678&searchtext=

This should be one of many to come, I think the comp and background colour needs to be reworked, not 100% happy how it came out. But yeah...nother day nother battle.
Keen on feedback.

Cheers bros and broettes
C

Replies

• pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Cool - digging the effective simplicity of the rendering. It has a bit of an Adi Granov feel, nice !

I think the background design is fine, but indeed the color composition would need some work... I am sure you'll be able to find great color refs by looking at screencaps of fantasy movies.
  • wizo
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    thats looking really good CamCrawfordNZ,

feeling some heartstone influence there hehe..
    only crit I would have is that glowing hand position seems a bit odd, to me it looks like he is punching the screen, maybe just play with the rotation and making the fingers position a bit more delicate.

but overall rendering is brilliant, awesome job! maybe as pior said you can check for different bg colors to make the character pop more.

cheers
  • CamCrawfordNZ
    Hey Pior, thanks bro, was kinda going for a more comic look. Adi-ish is a mad compliment. However im not sure that suits the dota universe/fans.
    mad fan of your work btw!

Wizo, Cheers for the kind words, and completely agree.
    I think I need a cooler or a more desaturated colour for the background.
    It's a hard choice to rework it or continue on to the next thing.

I haven't seen many solo entry loading screens make it through.
  • Daew
    Offline / Send Message
    Daew polycounter lvl 9
    Love how you rendered this, its looking really good.
    my only crit would be that maybe if he was looking directly at us it could give a bigger connection/impact with the audience.